The Tutors

A+

Some things never change.

I stared at my math exam with grim satisfaction, the teachers words written neatly in bold red font: 'Nice work Samantha. As usual!'

As usual? What was that supposed to mean? That I was utterly predictable in every way?

"Sam! pssstttt, Sam! What did you get?"

My best friend Chandler whispered from behind me.

"Well, it's not that great, I mean, I totally didn't study....and I-"

I blabbed, as Chandler snatched the paper right from my hands. She snorted and handed it back. "Puh-lease, girl, I have no clue why you even try hiding being smart. You're just naturally a nerd." She said with a giggle.

I knew she was kidding, but it stung, a little. Chandler, on the other hand was gorgeous naturally. She had fiery red hair, and milky pale skin, with beautiful cat green eyes.

She looked like the heroine of a sappy 99 cent love novel. She saw that my feelings were hurt and quickly tried to make up for it.

"But, um, you're totally a sexy nerd, man! I mean, look at you...rawr!" She sexy growled. I giggled. "Thanks Chandler, I feel totally...rawr." I said sarcastically.

"Ladies, would you mind explaining why you are pretending to be zoo animals when I am trying to teach a class?"

My teacher, Mr. Marcosa asked, his face giving me the stern 'no-no' look reserved for five year olds. I flushed deep red. A few people around me snickered, Chandler, however, remained cool. "Excuse us, Mr. Marcosa, it won't happen again!" She said enthusiastically.

When he turned back to the black board, Chandler the dork, saluted him like he was a captain.

"Aye, Aye Captain Ass Hole!" She whispered loud enough for me to hear. I smiled for the rest of the period.

***

"I hate that class!" Chandler exclaimed loudly, not caring when people stared.

"Me too." I piped up. She glared at me playfully.

"Yeah, you can hate it all you want, little miss A+ . But no one is yelling at you to get better grades. If I get one more C my parents will flip their lids." She grimaced. I bit my lip and shrugged.

"I already offered to tutor you...You know that. Why won't your parents let you have me as a tutor, instead of some overpriced senior?" I asked.

She sighed.

"I already told you. You're my best friend. My parents think if that we are together, I'm not going to get any valuable work done. So they hired Jimmy....And now I can't get any work done with him there. He's just got the cutest eyes...." She drifted off into Chandler Land.

"Well, I gotta go. See ya at lunch!" I called, already heading down the hall. She snapped out of her daze.

"Huh, what?...Oh, yeah, Bye!"

I hummed softly to myself as I walked down the hall. Until I saw him, and my brain turned completely into mush. And time slowed down, and my palms began to sweat.

Braiden Turner was defiantley a heart throb.

Tanned skin?

Check!

Heart melting smile?

Check!

Perfect windswept blonde hair?

Check!

Mesmerizing Green eyes?

Check!

Six pack, and muscles to spare?

Doubly check!

Braiden wasn't the 'most' popular guy in school. In fact, that title belonged to his best friend Connor Shelton, who was just as attractive as he was.

Braiden was basically the quiet good looking one who always agreed with everything the leader of the pack did. And however pathetic it may be, every time I saw him my little nerd heart swelled to its bursting point.

And every time I see him, I stare like a little stalker. I kind of stood in the middle of the hallway, which was just like holding a sign that says 'Run into me!'. Which is just what happened.

But it wasn't Braiden...

"Move." Hissed Connor Shelton, aka High School God. He pushed all of my papers and books right on the floor.

I sighed and got onto my knees to retrieve everything, feeling the need to punch some flawless tan face. That was until a certain someone was right in front of me, helping get my papers. I felt myself die and go to heaven.

"Here, let me help..." Why haven't I noticed that Braiden's voice was like music? Lovely, enchanting...

And my voice suddenly seemed so dull and ugly in comparison as I said, "Oh, yeah, thanks....that's very kind of you."

I was blushing, and I could tell. Which made me blush more. He handed me my papers and we both stood up.

He let out an uncomfortable whistle and said, "Well, there you are then. Uh, Later..." And he hurried up to catch up with Connor. I sighed.

Why couldn't I be born smooth, with natural good looks. Like Chandler, or my mother?

I sighed, and opened my locker to shove my papers inside.Some of my papers fell out of my locker and I growled angrily.

I was about to snatch my math exam from the ground when suddenly another pair of hand came from nowhere and grabbed it.

I looked up and saw the last person I would ever want to see in the world.

"Ah, my smart, lovely, little Nerd, just who I was looking for."