Chapter 19: The school's 'it' boy isn't as innocent as he seems

Sam’s pov.

“I could have sworn I saw you and Michael together.” I said to Chandler as a spun around in my seat.

“You’re mind must be playing tricks.” She said as she picked on her nail polish- “though how come you weren’t focusing on you’re date with Braiden?!” She squeled the last part.

“I was, it was just this couple making out obnoxiously that caught my intention and then I kind of felt uncomfortable about the fast that I would have to kiss Braiden.” I said looking down at my own hands.

“So what’s wrong with that? I’d totally tap him!” I gave her a look of disappointment after her statement.

“What?!” She asked innocently.

“Um don’t tell anyone but I’ve only been kissed once by a straight guy.” I said quietly.

“Whaaat?!” She squealed. – “Been kissed? Straight guy?” Chandler asked confused.

“Yeah I have kissed a guy but he’s gay so that doesn’t count and this other time I got kissed but didn’t kiss back.” I thought about the time Michael leaned in slowly and pecked me, it felt amazing- No! I shouldn’t be thinking that, though I wonder why he did such a thing, maybe it was for moral support after what I had been through.

“So, um who was this guy?” Chandler questioned while twisting a lock of her raid her around her finger. “You promise you won’t tell anyone?” – She was my best friend, of course she wont tell. “Yeah yeah spill!” “Um well it was um Michael.” I looked down at my feet avoiding eye contact, when she didn’t say anything I slowly looked up and saw she had a poker face on.

“What? You know it doesn’t matter now, I’m with Braiden and he asked me out on our second date! Oh and also that kiss didn’t mean anything, I think it was just for moral support you know, but yeah whatever who cares you know?” I ranted as fast as possible for human speaking speed.

When I stopped I saw her with the same face expression. “Michael never mentioned him kissing you.” – She said looking up at me. “Why would he?” I asked.

Something flicked across her face and she laughed, “Yeah LOL, Its getting late you should go home.” She whispered the last part.

“Um sure yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow?” “Yeah you will. Bye.” I walked out her room and then out her house.

Great I didn’t have a ride home. Braiden dropped me off here, I guess I’ll have to walk home.

After about 5 minutes of slow walking a yellow Lamborghini pulled up next to the footpath. 2 seconds later the driver rolled down their window but I continued walking.

‘honk’ They beeped their horn at me which caused me to stop and turn around to see if the person was talking to me.

“ Hey Sam get in, I’ll give you a ride.” Said the person. I didn’t recognize his voice. I bent down to come in level with the window of the car to notice it was Connor, what was he doing talking to me? I thought he hated me.

“Its fine Connor you don’t have to.” I said but before I could take another step he spoke again- “Come on, I’m being nice!” He added exaggeration on the last word. “Fine.” I slowly got in the passenger speed and he sped off.

He drove like a manic! Worse then Michael, he was going more then double of he speed limit.

“How’s you know my name?” I gosh I’m so stupid! You don’t ask a person that.

“Its not easy not to catch, Braiden is always on about you.” He chuckled at the end.

“Oh.” I whispered. “Yeah, um so anyways I wanted to ask you if you were fee tonight.” He said while he got this goofy smirk on his face.

“Um what?” “You know, we can have all the fun we want.” He said tracing his hand on my leg. “No, I’m not I actually have homework to do.” “Don’t do it.” “What?” “I said don’t do it.” He said looking at me shortly.

“Stop the car.” I stated.

“What?” He said looking at me confused. “I said stop the car!” I shouted.

“No.” He said simply.

“Connor stop the car or I swear I’ll jump out.” I had already grabbed hold of the door handle. “Okay, gosh.” I opened the door and got out, not before whacking his face with my purse.

“If you think I’m some whore who’ll sleep with you whenever you want you’re wrong.” I smacked his car door shut and stomped my way towards my house, which wasn’t so far.

Yet again his car pulled up next to me.

“ Oh poor dear, I have this conversation recorded, I just need some nerd to edit this and you’re hunny bunny Braiden can see this, I cant wait to tell him how good in bed you are.”

Shock took over me but before I could say anything his wheels screeched against the road as he sped away.

“I hate him!” When I finally got home I saw a car in the drive way.

“Great mum and dad are back.”