Chapter 8: crazy dreams

Foreign beds weren't exactly comforting to me. I much preferred my home couch...or my actual bed. Not that the bed was uncomfortable, but it didn't feel right.

Oh, and the fact that I was in a boy's house. Alone. It made me a tad bit....nervous.

Frustrated, I growled and got out of bed. I sat at the edge of my bed, exhausted. I don't know when, but at one point I drifted off.

***

"Samantha....Oh Samantha?" Someone's melodious voice cooed. I woke, startled, as a young woman stood over me, looking concerned. "Oh, goodness! I'm so glad you're awake!" She smiled, looking extremely pretty. She was about thirty-five with wavy black hair and gorgeous hazel eyes. She was wearing an eerie white nightgown, and staring at me like I was an angel. I realized I was staring at her like she was a circus freak, so I looked away.

"Who are you?" I questioned, feeling disoriented. She chuckled, and suddenly we were in Michael's room, looking over him as he slept. I screamed at the sudden change of scenery. She touched my arm to calm me down. "Shhh, it's only a dream Samantha."

She went over and stroked Michael's hair lovingly. I just gawked like a weirdo. "W-who are you?" I asked again. This must be the weirdest dream I have ever had. It was more vivid that anything I had ever dreamed. "I think you're good for him, you know..." She mumbled, looking up from Michael. I snorted and then giggled like crazy.

"You....think....what?" I gasped. She laughed, and made it sound like music. "You're different, and I really think....That you're the best choice. You're just what he needs...And from what I seen, you're what he wants." She smiled, talking in puzzles. My head felt like it might implode. "I-I don't understand." I admitted, finally.

She gave me a sad smile. "I don't expect you to. In due time, Samantha...In due time."

***

"Sam? Sam are you okay?" I heard Michael ask in a panicked tone. I opened my eyes, and he was holding me in his arms, wide eyed. We were both on the cold floor of the guest bedroom.

"Michael?" I choked out, confused. He nodded, giving me a sympathetic look. "You started screaming my name, and I thought you were dying or something."

"No. It was nothing, really. I don't even remember much. It just must have been a nightmare." I whispered, hugging him.

**Michael's P.O.V.**

She had her arms wrapped around me, and warmth spread through my whole body. It bothered me that she screamed in her sleep from a nightmare I was in. "Are you sure you're okay?" I whispered into her strawberry scented hair. She nodded uncertainly.

Out of nowhere a loud clap of thunder exploded outside. She jumped, and I pulled away, smirking. "Is someone afraid of thunderstorms?" I teased. Sam grumbled. "No, I just didn't expect it is all."

I laughed. "Sure, whatever....Well, since we're awake, we might as well go watch the storm." Another loud clap of thunder rolled through. She stood up and stared at me, confused. "Where are we gonna go?" I stood up, towering over her short frame, and took her hand. "I'll show you."

I led her to the garage, which smelled like a mixture of gasoline and oil. I noticed she didn't scrunch her nose or mention how smelly it was in there, which I was thankful for.

I dropped her hand and pressed the garage door opener. We stood inside the garage, nice and safe, while we watched it rain. "Are you ready for another lesson, Ms. Rivera?" I asked, grabbing her around the waist. She blushed and gave a little glare. ''And what lesson would that be, Mr. Bedelli?"

I rolled my eyes. "You have a perverted mind, my young pupil. I was more thinking dancing. Unless you'd like more private lessons." I joked. Her face went cherry kool-aid red. "No, dancing would be great...Except we have no music."

"Who says we need music to dance?" I asked. She shrugged and put her hands on my shoulders. We started to spin and twirl in my garage. We started talking like we had earlier, so many hours ago. We'd really gotten to know each other. And then out of the blue, she asked, "What happened to your Mom? I mean...where is she?"

"She died." I answered simply, but felt a little pain in my chest. It had been so long ago, but I had never really gotten used to her being gone. "I'm so sorry for asking." Guilt poured out of every pore of her body. "Naw, it's cool, she died when I was in fourth grade. It was a long time ago. I think you would have liked her. She was just as brainy as you are. And half as clumsy." I laughed, remembering the day she had fell and smashed a plate of chocolate chip pancakes into my face. She smiled.

We both sat on the floor without a word. And we watched the rain until it stopped.