[29] secrets • pt. 3

Shorter chapter than merjurity of this four-parter. Sorry!

•••

Do you know how it feels to fly?

Probably not.

Do you know how it feels when your heart feels like its going so fast it's numb?

Probably not.

Do you know how it feels to pour all your emotions into one single action?

Maybe.

I surprised myself, realising the reality of what I'm doing. Aphmau is momentarily shocked before her eyes flutter shut and she wraps one arm around my neck to deepen the kiss, the other still holding the umbrella.

Adrenaline flowed through each and every one of my veins, my grip around her tight.

I'm so sorry, Aphmau.

I really am.

My heart is beating so fast it feels like it could explode at any minute, and I never wanted to let go of her.

But we had to breathe.

We pull away and she smiles weakly, and laces her fingers with mine. She leans her head close to my ear.

"I forgive you."

•••

"Go shower, you're dirty and gross." Aphmau pokes me in the arm and I poke her back, laughing.

"Yeah yeah." I roll my eyes and run down to my room and grab some clothes, and go into the bathroom in my room.

I take a quick shower and within five minutes I'm out, and I feel much better. I look in the foggy mirror and wipe away some of the condensation, and I notice something strane about
my eyes.

Sure, they were sparkling a bit more than previously, but they were brighter.

I rub my eyes in case I'm dreaming but I'm not.

I walk out of the bathroom and Aphmau is sitting on my bed, hugging my pillow and burrying her face in the cotton pillow case.

"A-Aphmau, about the-" I'm talking when she gets off the bed and over to me and kisses me on the cheek.

"It's okay. I just thought you didn't like me- you know -that way. But I was too stupid to realise. I-I never wanted to tell you because I thought you didn't, and I really didn't want to ruin the friendship I had so precariously built and erase all the trust I had gained." She shakes her head, and I push aside some of her black hair, to reveal more of her face.

"I'm stupid, Aphmau. I didn't believe in love." I kiss her forehead and a slight blush rises to her cheeks.

"And I thought you claimed you would never believe in love, you dork." She pokes my nose again, and I roll my eyes.

"Well, I didn't. But then I fell in love with you." I smile, and she grins. Her expression suddenly falls and I give her a confused look.

"I just realised; we have to tell Laurance, Dante, Kawaii~Chan and Cadenza this tomorrow." Aphmau shakes her head, and I roll my eyes.

"They can tease all they want, we can always defend with Dante and Kawaii~Chan as well as Katelyn and Laurance. Cadenza, I'm not so sure. But is she eating with us tomorrow?" I ask, and Aphmau shrugs. She pulls her phone out of her pocket and begins furiously typing, and in about a minute a "ding!" rang out, indicating whoever she was texting had texted back.

"Nope, she says Donna will be back tomorrow." Aphmau locks her phone and slide it back in her pocket.

"Thank Irene, I don't want to deal with five, four is already a handful." I sigh in relief, and Aphmau giggles.

"Can you sleep in my room tonight? And maybe almost every night now?" She blushes, and I ruffle her hair and kiss the top of her head.

"That's a yes?" She asks, and I laugh softly.

"Yes, it is indeed an agreement." I say and she playfully punches me in the arm.

"You're making me feel dumb with all your fancy big words." She pouted, and I laughed.

"If there's anything you aren't, it's dumb." I say, and she playfully punches me in the arm.

"Your eyes are pretty when they're happy and bright." She giggled, and I smile and leaned closer to her.

"You know what makes me happy?" I whisper, and she shakes her head.

"You." I kiss her again, and I pull her closer. She wraps her arms around my neck and turns her head to deepen the kiss.

"HOLY MOTHER OF IRENE, MY SHIP!" We pull away quickly and turn to the person at the door.

"L-L-Laurance?!"

•••

I feel like this chapter started out great then ended awkwardly •-•

This was meant to be a three-parter but Math didn't co-operate with me so ._.

Anyway, hope you guys like this so far.

Thanks for the support xx

Cya!
-Zero

P.S. Just because Garmau happened, this book is over. I think you'll all be glad to hear this book is FAR  from over :)