CAUGHT OFF GUARD: CHAPTER NINE

MAIN CHARACTER 👆🏾

KHALIL💕

I stood there and watched him.

"I'm dead meat," I whispered to myself.

After a quick stop to the restroom I was back on the bleachers. I tried to keep my eyes off of Cole for the remainder of the practice session and reviewed the material I had planned to cover with him.

Thirty minutes later the coach finally let the weary players go. They all went into the locker room to shower and get cleaned up. I remained in the gym.

A little while later Cole stepped into the gym making his way towards me . He was dressed in a basic New York jersey top and some light blue jeans and some red shoes that matched his shirt

 He was dressed in a basic New York jersey top and some light blue jeans and some red shoes that matched his shirt

"Sorry about that. Are you ready to get out of here?"

"Yes, and it wasn't too bad. It gave me a chance to review the material for today's lesson."

Cole smiled showing off his pearly whites , "Cool. Did you still want to grab some lunch?"My stomach answered for me as it growled in hunger.

"I guess that's your answer," he smiled.

"I guess it is." I returned his smile.

"C'mon, my car is just outside." I rose and followed him outside .

We both decided on a burger place near our high school.

"Well, here she is," Cole said as he near his now black escalade. "I know she's not much to look at but she runs like a fine tuned machine."

"She?" I asked looking at the brand new truck in front of me.

"Yeah, I call her Rosie. She's a beauty." We both climbed into Rosie and then we were off.

Minutes later we finally arrived at the burger shack. It was a hangout for most of the high school kids during the week but was quieter on the weekends. We both sat in a booth and browsed the menu. A few minutes later the waitress came and took our orders.

While he was ordering I was curious about something.

"So, when your at school I always see you eating salads and apples. But today you ordered a double cheese burger, chili fries, and a chocolate shake. I'm curious, why the sudden change in your diet?"