The Ones Who Know Our Secrets

I caught myself staring, and I'm pretty sure he caught me staring too.

I couldn't help it.

It seemed that every time I began to sense my feelings slipping away, he did something to ignite them again. Every time my cut healed it was reopened, or maybe every time I cut myself he healed it again.

It was just something about he way he did things.

I noticed myself watching the way he would scratch his head when he woke up from a nap, the way he would stretch when we were sitting for too long; his muscles rippling as his arms swung above his head.

Completely star struck is what I was.

Correction: what I am.

I seemed to read his emotions through his eyes, which isn't easy if you're trying to avoid the other person discovering that you like them. I could tell when he was feeling mischievous, when he was mad, when he was sad, but trying to hide it. His smile never reached his eyes lately, it seemed.

Sometimes I wondered if he felt the same way about me.

If his inner turmoil is his feelings for me, as my own is my feelings for him. I wondered if he would kiss me or punch me if I told him I loved him. I wondered if I could change someone's heart, how it's shaped, how it beats. I wondered if his beats the same way mine does, the same rhythm as mine. If he would open up to idea of loving me, would he? If he could change, would he? If he could-

"Kian? KIAN?!"

"What?"

"We're here."

•••

"Mph.." I mumbled, rolling over on the uncomfortable car seat and I practically heard Jc smiling behind me. He has such a big, white, beautiful smile. As if his smile was yelling at me; telling me that everything was going to be okay.

"C'mon, sleepyhead.." He shoved my shoulder a little bit and I groaned again, using the jacket that was laid on me to hide my face. I inhaled sharply; it was Jc's jacket that he must've laid on me while I was sleeping. My chest warmed up as I thought about him doing that as I slept.

"C'mon.." He shoved me again.

"Wow.. Mphephuph?" I mumbled quietly into the jacket.

"Huh?" He shoved me a little bit harder and I held back a grin as I looked up at him.

"Isn't this different from yesterday? Calling me a lazy bitch.." I mumbled, sleepiness claiming my voice. I yawned again, feeling his stare burning the back of my neck. This went on for a few moments before I rolled over and saw him staring at something past me. Damn, I though he was staring at me and we would have one of those "fuck it- just kiss me" moments. I guess those are just for the movies.

"Kian... There's a spider-"

"OHMYGOSH WHEEEERREEE?!?" I screamed, my voice cracking and opened the door quickly, any trace of grogginess evaporating from my body. I tumbled out of the car and landed on the, surprisingly, soft ground, groaning as my sore body adjusted to the rude awakening. I heard him laughing from inside the car and I quickly stood up and dusted myself off.

"Oh my.. Oh my god Kian.." With that he erupted into more laughter and I glared at him until he was done.

"There..." More laughter. "Was no.. Spider.." He laughed again and I punched him. Hard.

"Why?!" I yelled, half laughing as well as I pushed him on the ground. He dragged me down as he fell and I tumbled down beside him. We layed there and laughed for awhile before we fell silent. It wasn't an awkward silence; we weren't trying to corrupt the gently wind and leaves blowing. We just layed there and stared at the sky until it started to get dark. I gasped as the stars became visible; we couldn't have been in the city.  Or anywhere near the city, for that matter. These stars weren't blocked by any light pollution. These stars were beautiful, as if someone sprinkled little lights throughout the blank canvas that was the sky. They twinkled, winking at us from there spot up above as if they knew all of our secrets, but I had always wished upon stars, so, just maybe, they did.

I rolled my head over to Jc and saw him smiling his bright white smile and I realized then that we was the moon to my sky, he was the true light, and nothing could replace him or this moment we shared.

•••

Okay, I know it's somewhat short, and I'm sorry. I just a wanted to update.

I mainly want to update on the weekends because I'm always up until like 5 AM on Wattpad anyways, so 💁🏽.

I think the main reason it took so long was because I never actually knew where Jc was taking Kian in the first place, so I had to think this up. (Sorry it's shitty)

Okay, let's all just cry because it's October 26 and Kian and Jc Takeover Month is almost over 😭. Let's also cross our fingers for an o2l reunion? 🤗.

Review, Vote,

Tell me what you think. 💎

- What a Pretty Little Nightmare 📸