Chapter 35

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 35

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

"Umm...wh-what are you doing here?" I asked as I managed to speak with a knot in my throat.

"I don't even get a "Hey Dad"?" He said with a confused look.

"I don't want you here. I don't want you in my life. You didn't want me in yours when I was younger so now I don't want you in mine. Goodbye." I slammed the door right in his face. I can't believe he has the balls to fly all the way back to Oakland and show up at my place expecting me to call him "Dad". Fuck that. He didn't earn the title of "Dad."

He kept ringing the doorbell and knocking on the damn door. I went upstairs and just sat on my bed. I tried calling my Mom but of course; no answer.

It grew quiet after about 10 minutes of constant knocking and yelling. I walked back downstairs to find the guys' cars pulling into the drive way.

"Ayyyyye! We in the house!" Varo yelled as he walked in. Javier and Riley were holding each other's hands as they walked in."Aye Nelle, what's on n' poppin'?" Varo asked as he gave me a hug.

"Not much. How are you?"

"I'm straight, where's Lexis at?"

"Out back, he should be pulling up soon. Hey Javier, Hey Riley." I said as I gave them a hug. They have been inseparable since they've been officially a couple. It's cute and all but at times I want my Riley to myself.

"Have you gotten the baby furniture yet?" Riley asked as she made her way to sitting on Javier's lap.

"Yeah, it's still in the boxes but we can put it together and move the furniture around the room." I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I was getting a call from a number I'd never seen before. I got up and walked to the bathroom down the hall and answered the phone.

"Hello?" "Why did you slam the door in my face and refuse to open when I was knocking? I just wanted to talk to you-" "Why would I want to talk to the person who signed me off? You didn't want me in your life and I'm only returning the favor but not wanting you in mine." "It doesn't matter. I flew out so I could fix that. Your mom told me you were pregnant and I saw that as my last chance to be able to build a relationship with you." "No. You decided many years ago you didn't want me so there you go." I just hung up the phone. I didn't want to deal with any of his bullshit or lies that he may have had in store.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

Arls and I just checked out the paintball range I set up. It looked like it was gonna be hella sick once we used it. We drove back to the house to find Varo in the kitchen and Javier on the couch with Riley happily in his lap.

"Aye." I said as I dapped Varo and Javier. I gave Riley a quick hug but where was my Nelle?

"Where's Nelle at?" I asked. I'm surprised she'a not with her twin.

"She got up to take a phone call." Riley said as she was playing with Javier's sweatshirt ties.

"Which way did she go?"

"I think the downstairs bathroom." She said. I nodded my head and walked down the hall to find Nelle sitting on the counter looking down at her phone.

"You aight Ma?" I asked as I walked over to give her a hug.

"My so called "father" showed up at the door while you were out. I slammed the door in his face and walked away. He just tried calling me. He now decides he wants a relationship with me." She said with a sigh. Her father was a touchy subject to talk about and I could tell it was making her uncomfortable to talk about him.

"Nelle, I love you very much, and I want to see you happy. I know this is a touchy subject for you, but maybe just maybe, go out to lunch with him and just talk. If you hate it then say bye to him but at least just hear him out. I know what he did and that sure as hell ain't cool but it is in the past." I kissed her cheek and pulled her off the counter.

"Alright, I'll call him tomorrow morning. I just want to start doing the furniture." She said with a smile.

We walked back to the living room and just hung out for the night with the guys and Riley. It was a hella chill night and everyone just ended up staying over.

~The Next Day~

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I woke up earlier than everyone. I sat up and looked at my phone. It said it was 5:42. As much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I couldn't. I would just end up tossing and turning so I just got up and took a shower.

I got out and put on some stretchy-like shorts and a tank top. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I liked my baby belly, I thought it was cute and so perfectly rounded.

I quietly opened the door so Lexis wouldn't wake up. I walked downstairs to find everyone passed out in the living room. Varo was sprawled out on the floor, Javier was on the couch with Riley in his arms and Arlie...I didn't see Arlie down there?

I decided to go outside and walked out to the barn where I sat on one of the hay bales that were neatly stacked inside the barn.

"Hello?" "Hey." "Hey Honey, how are you?" "I'm fine but would you want to go out to breakfast or lunch today?" "Lunch no can do, but breakfast I can. We can meet at IHop in 20?" "Alright, I'll see you there." "Okay bye." "Bye."

Since I was down at the barn, I fed the horses and I heard footsteps coming my way.

"Hey Nelle." I could instantly tell who's voice that was.

"Hey Arlie, what are you doing up so early?" I asked as I set down the hay hooks.

"Went for a walk around the place."

"Oh fun." I smiled.

"So what are you doin up so early?"

"Had to call the person I share half my genes with and feed the horses." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Person you share half your genes with? Really Nelle? Couldn't stomach saying Dad or Father?" He said with a small laugh.

"Nope, I couldn't." I said through laughs of my own.

"Well alright then. Wanna head back inside?" I nodded my head and we both started walking back up to the house.

We walked in and everyone was awake. They were all fixing up breakfast and playing on the PS3.

"There they are." Riley said as she got up and gave me a hug.

"Good morning." I said. Riley and I let go of each other and I walked upstairs. Lexis was still dead asleep.

I went to my dresser and got out a pair of jeans and a loose shirt. I walked over to Lexis and kissed his cheek before I changed.

I walked back down stairs and grabbed my keys."Bye you guys, I'll be back later." I said as I walked out the door.

I pulled out of the drive way and was on my way to IHop. It was about a 10 minute drive and there was like nobody there.

"Good morning, table for how many?"The waitress asked.

"Table for two, please." She led me to a booth by the window.

"What can I start you out with for a drink?" She asked as she handed me my menu.

"I'll just have a sprite please?"

"Sure thing hun." she walked off.

I was sitting there looking at my menu when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked up and I saw Aiden.