|Closure|

As I sat on the curb six blocks away from Robert's house I took out my phone. I didn't know what else to do or where else to go. My family knew and didn't say anything, they kept Robert's secret for him. I had been betrayed by just about everyone, but now what was worse is that my family was apart of the list. The only one who I can confide in and who wouldn't lie to me is Chris, he has been there for me and I have been there for him. I clicked on his name and the phone rang, "Hello..." "Hey Amanda! I looked for you after graduation but there were to many people, I wanted to congradulate you.".."Oh yea I had to go...thanks."..."What is it Amanda, you sound different?".."Uhm I just-" I started to cry...realizing I would have to explain everything. "Can you just pick up please Chris? I don't know where else to go." "Where are you?" "Uhm." I looked around, "I'm sitting on the curb on Wells and 20th " "I'll be right there." his voice sounded worried/serious.

About 8 minutes later I could see his car speeding down the block, he stopped infront of me and got out..he saw the dry tears on my face, he touched my shoulder, "Your eyes are bloodshot, what happened to you Amanda?" I just pointed to the car and he opened the door, he quickly got in and started driving...it was silent for a while. "Where are we going." I said while trying to keep my nose from running. "To my house." I nodded and looked out the window at the houses as we drove by. Soon enough his car was parked and he was opening my door. We walked into his house, he sat me down on the sofa and went into the kitchen...he made

two cups of tea, by the time he came back I felt a bit more confident to talk about things. He sat next to me and looked at me patiently, I took a deep breath and looked at him, "Thanks for everything." he shook his head, don't even mention it..what happened Amanda." I sighed..."Why won't you ever tell me anything?" he said looking at me with sad eyes...then I felt really bad. "You know how I was shot and all?" I said while looking at my tea. "Yea." "Well, uhm...it turns out that I was 3 months pregnant, but I lost the baby because of my injury...andddd everyone new except me, my family my boyfriend...Im not sure if my friends did too but they all knew and kept it from me because my boyfriend told them to...the worst part is my brother got drunk and told me everything about an hour ago infront of everyone at my graduation party. And him and my boyfriend ended up fighting..my brother never liked my boyfriend, and basically I found out my pregnanct wasn't a mistake, my boyfriend did it on purpose.." I started to cry again, cus now I knew why Robert would avoid touching me or even talking about things, his excuse of "being tired" and making me feel neglected was a lie. What the fuck...I'm 18! I'm NOT ready nor do I want any kids at this age...how could he do that to me and never mention it. My trust is gone. Chris scooted over and hugged me tightly, he rubbed my back and more tears came out. After a couple minutes I pulled back whiping the tears away, "Sorry I wet your shirt." I said while looking at my tears on his shirt..he shrugged and held my hand, "It's just a shirt....Can I ask you one more thing for the night?" I nodded my head..."Are you gonna stay with Robert?" my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets and I sat up..."Uhm how do yo-" "I saw you two outside the night of Prom, slow dancing and then I saw you guys kiss and I knew that he was the mystery boyfriend.." I looked away.."I'm sorry I couldn't tell you Chris...but his job was at stake you understand?" he nodded "Yes completely...and to be honest what he has done makes me lose so much respect for him, all I have to say is...you shouldn't stay with him...not after that, it's not right." he looked at me honestly...and I didn't know what to say..."I....I know what he did was really fucked up, and apart of me feels like I shouldn't even give him another chance. But I know that no matter how mad or bad things get, deep inside I love him...and at times like these..I hate that." "Love isn't everything Amanda, never forget that." I looked at him as those words started to set in...he was right love isn't everything. He got up and went to his room, he came back with basketball shorts and a white t-shirt. "Do you want to sleep on the sofa or my bed and I take the sofa?" "No I'll take the sofa..thanks." he smiled, "Goodnight." he said before slightly closing his bedroom door. "Night." I said quietly while going to the bathroom. I changed and layed down on the sofa...something I realized was Chris always had a way to make me feel better, I liked that.