|Recovery|

I opened my eyes slowly, they were hard to keep open, all I could see was a beige ceiling..I tryed to sit up but I then felt a sharp pain in my side, I couldn't get up, that's when I noticed all these wires that I was connected...I started to freak out..my machine to my side started beeping faster and I pulled the chord that was barely inside my nostrils..a nurse ran in and kept her hands on my shoulders, "Miss you have to lay down..you might pass out." I layed down and she put the chord back in my nose..she looked at the machine and I looked at her, "Why am I here?" I asked..she looked me..."Do you remember anything that happened?" I thought about it.."Umm I remember Sam kidnapping me and I remember being stuck in his house..and I remember Robert being stuck too, and Robert helped me break out..I remember shooting Sam and then....I- I...remember turning around and him shooting me in the side." As I said that I looked down and realized why my abdomen was wrapped in bandages..along with my left foot.."And he shot me in the foot too." she nodded and sighed, "Good thing you didn't lose your memory." She fluffed my pillow..and that was when Robert came in..and well to be honest he looked like shit, his hair was a mess..he had bags under his eyes and he looked like he had been crying, the nurse turned and looked at him, "Excuse me Sir, but visiting hours aren't for another hour." he stopped in his tracks and just looked at her, it was a 'Fuck off' look..she nodded her head and quickly left the room..and he came and sat next to me on the bed...he just looked at me and I looked at him..he put his hand on my hand and I smiled..."Hi." I chirped. He smirked, "Hi." I put my hand to his cheek and moved my thumb over it he rested his head on my hand.."Are those dry tears?" I asked...he looked away, "Yea...well ya know..allergy season." I scoffed..he frowned.."No but seriously, I thought I had lost you yesterday." My smile dropped and I looked at him seriously, "I'm not going anywhere." He smiled and leaned down and gave me a kiss..I wiggled over a bit and he layed down next to me on his side facing me.."So like....what happened after I passed out or whatever?" he sighed.."After he shot you?" I nodded.."Well I attacked him...and when I had good aim of the gun since he was fighting back, I pulled the trigger, I shot him in the kneck...he died instantly." I wave of relief came over me.. I looked at him, "I'm sorry you had to do that..I'm sorry you had to go through all that." he shook his head, "No Amanda...I'm not sorry..It had to be done he deserved it. I did what I had to do to make sure you will always be safe from him. He's gone now you don't have to worry." I nodded and smiled lightly, he rested his arm over my stomach and I flinched, "Ow, gun shot wound." he quickly lifted his arm.."Sorry, it's a habit." I smiled.."I know....So today is Wednsday?".."Yup." he said popping the 'P'. "So why didn't you go to work?" I asked..he looked at me.."Well I haven't gone home..I've been waiting for you to wake up..I called a sub.".."Where are my parents?".."Your mom and dad went home to get some sleep..they said they would be back today." "And Ivy and Josh?" ..."Well they had to go back to school..Ivy told me that they will stop by later." I nodded my head, "How did Josh take the whole thing.. it was his Uncle." Robert shrugged, "He hasn't said anything about it really..but I mean if anything he should be glad, that guy was sick..and he wasn't going to stop...people like that don't stop." I nodded "That's true.".."So when do I get to go home?" I asked..he smiled.."The doctor said tomorrow or Friday if no problems come up with your recovery. But you will have to be careful and that you have to take medication...also the doctor told your parents that you should see a therapist incase you're like mentally unstable after everything that happened." I laughed, "What?!"..he shrugged.."I know..but Hey! You're a trooper now..you even have a battle scar to prove it." he said while lifting my shirt to point to my wound...I laughed and slapped his hand away, "Shutup."

After a couple hours of laying down and talking, I made Robert go home to shower and get cleaned up..about 15 minutes after he had left..there was a knock at my door, "Come in." I looked up and in came Chris..I was pretty suprised, I sat up and rested my back against my pillow, "Um Hi?" I said awkwardly..he sat in a chair next to my bed and smiled.."Ivy told me you were here...so I figured I'd come and visit you...see how you're doing." I nodded, "Oh Thanks that's nice of you.." I started to play with my thumbs...I was getting worried that Robert would come back any minute. He looked at the bandaid wrapped around over me..."So you're gonna be okay?".."Yea they already removed the bullet, they said I can leave tomorrow or Friday.."..he smiled, "Well that's good..I missed you believe it or not." I smirked, "I believe it....Soooo, what exactly did Ivy tell you?" he sat back in his chair..."All she said was that you were in the hospital because you were shot by some crazy guy." I nodded..."Yea basically." he shook his head, "People these days..." he trailed off, "Well good thing is that you're safe and alive." I smiled... Chris always had way of finding the positive side in everything. That's when Robert came walking in he was wearing dark blue jeans and a flannel shirt with a white t-shirt underneath..and a bouquet of flowers in hand..he was about to say something but then he saw Chris sitting by me...for a second...he looked pissed, but he changed his posture and played it cool. "Hello Chris." Chris got up and walked over to Robert, "Hey Rob, I didn't expect to see you here...haven't seen you at school these past couple days." Robert froze and I looked at him nervously while Chris's back was facing me...Robert shrugged, "Yea I've been umm sick these past couple days...you know with the change of seasons and all?" Chris nodded his head.."Yea I get ya...so how did you know to come here if you weren't at school?" Robert froze again..."Uh well I stopped by the school for a bit and I heard one of the students talking about her being in the hospital, and now here I am." he smiled awkwardly. Chris nodded and turned to me, "Well...I'm gonna get going, I have lots of papers to grade." I smiled and he patted Robert on the shoulder, Robert looked so uncomfortable and irritated, it was hilarious, "See ya later." then Chris left the room. Robert let out a deep breath and rolled his eyes, "Jesus what is with that guy." my smile dropped and I gave Robert a stern look.."Robert." he sat down on my bed and looked at me.."Did you see me come up with that alibi on the spot? Damn....I'm good." he said while raising an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and started laughing..he laughed too and kissed my cheek. He brought the flowers up to my face, and formed a french accent "For you mademoiselle." I giggled and grabbed them, putting them on my lap.."Why thank you." Then his phone rang and he stood up.."Hello...yea, she's awake, I'm with her..no no she's okay, her memory is fine..everything. Alright." he hung up and looked at me.."Your mom is on her way."..."Oh god how did she take everything?" he thought for a second, "I don't know? Like any mom would.." I nodded.."Did you see the doctor at all?" he shook his head, "No what for?" I looked at him.."Robert! You got hit over the head with glass." he looked at me blankly, "I'm alive aren't I?"..I rolled my eyes, "Wow." he promptly got up.."I'm gonna get some coffee, want some..oh wait you don't like coffee." he snickered and then left the room..and I just gave him a fake smile.  

____

*Robert's POV*

I was walking back to Amanda's room with coffee in my hand when I saw Amanda's mom, dad and little sister down the hall. I smiled at them..Kassy ran over and hugged me..she's no taller then my legs..it's adorable. I pointed at Amanda's room and Kassy went running in there. I walked up to Kathy and Tom before they could walk onto the room, I was about to speak when two police officers came walking towards us.."Excuse me." One of them said as they wanted to go in the room, "Can I help you?" I asked the police men.."We are looking for Robert Downey Jr. and Amanda DeAngelo." "I'm Robert Downey Jr." I said to them..they looked at eachother and then back at me.."We have something's we would like to run by you two."..the officer looked in the room and saw Amanda lying on the bed..."Well she will be released tomorrow do you think we can stop by the station and discuss this all there then? She just woke up today." The police officer's nodded their heads, "Yes, that's fine." The officer handed me a card with his name..badge number and office, "Give a call when y'all are ready to come by." I nodded my head and they walked away. I looked at Kathy and Tom who were still next to me..."I wonder what they want to know?" Kathy said in a worried voice. "Don't worry, it's just standard investigation questions..they just wanna know the facts. Everything was self defense, don't worry." She nodded her head.. "Anyways, I wanted to talk to you two about somethin." they both looked at me. "Um...Amanda doesn't know about the miscarriage yet..and I haven't told her...I feel like now isn't a good time to lay all this on her ya know? She has graduation coming, she's Valedictorian..we have an investigation with police...I just feel like I should wait a bit to tell her, ya know? So I was wondering if everyone can kinda hold off on mentioning that to her until once everything is settled down?" They both nodded their heads, "Yes we completely understand..Amanda has alot going on right now." Yes, exactly.".."So you want to be the one to tell her?" Kathy asked.."Yes..".."Alright that's fine..we will tell Charlie." I smiled and then stepped to the side so that they could go into the room. I sighed and took a drink of my coffee, the guilt started to set in, I have no idea how I am going to break it to Amanda that she was pregnant for three months and lost the baby, and that her getting pregnant..wasn't a complete accident.