I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him

I Refuse to Fall in Love With Him *ch. 1*

Sereya’s POV:

“Hurry up, you’re gonna make me late for 6th period,” I yelled at my bestie, Asia.

“Well my bad. Geez, it’s not my fault the teacher made me stay back late,”

“It is your fault! You should have done the dang assignment.”

We rushed through the crowd of people in the hall that were still socializing even though the late bell had already rung. I could not afford another tardy. If I was late one more time I would get detention. And if I got detention, I wouldn’t be able to go to the mall with my buds on Saturday and I would NOT be happy. I zoomed past the noisy crowd of cheerleaders, and lugged my stacks of books down the stairs. SMACK!  

I immediately ran into someone and landed flat on my face, my books flying across the hallway. “Dude! You need to watch where you’re going,” I screamed as I tried to get up off the floor. Just then a hand extended right in front of me. I grabbed it and pulled myself up. After I dusted myself off, I looked up, right into the eyes of Austin Jackson.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you. Are you ok?” he asked concerned.

“Uh… no...I mean yes. I’m ok,” I stuttered.

“Are you sure you’re ok? Would you like me to take your books for you? It’s the least I can do,” he replied.

“No thank you. You’ve already done enough for me today. Just watch where you’re going next time ok?” I hissed.

I began to walk away, only to be stopped my principal. He shook his head and pointed at the three of us.

“What do we have here? Another group of late flirting students?” Mr. Brown asked.

“No! You don’t understand. This is a huge misunderstanding. I was on my way to class when I bumped into this guy and then all of my books flew everywhere,” I cried.

“Save your excuses. I will be seeing you, you and most definitely you Mrs. Talkative in detention bright and early Saturday morning,” Mr. Brown said pointing to Austin, Asia and lastly me.

Mr. Brown wrote us a detention pass and carried on his merry way.

“Dang girl, because of you we’re going to spend our mall time at this dumb school. Thanks a lot Sereya,” Asia growled.

“ME? If it wasn’t for this dork face right here, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” I said scowling at Austin.

He made his way over to me, and walked around me as if surveying my body. He grinned as he circled around me, checking out my dimensions.

“Well I will actually be looking forward to spend some time with you, gorgeous,” he said as he gently rubbed his hands down my arm.

I slapped his hand off of me and glared at him.

“Don’t touch me! I don’t have time for players like you. You couldn’t do anything for me,” I sassed.

He chuckled, still not looking at my face. “I’m sure there’s something I could do for you.”

I scoffed. “Leave me the heck alone,” I demanded and stormed away, dragging Asia along with me.

“Oooo! You’re feisty, huh? I like that,” he called out from behind me. I ignored him and my steps got harder as I angrily stomped off to class.