12. Hello Again

I skipped happily up to the front door of the Salvatore boarding house. I had a wonderful day. I think me and Elijah were 'together' now. But I had a feeling the only people that knew were the Mikaelsons. And that was okay with me.

As I whistled through the door, I could see a small party standing inside staring at me. It included Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, and Jeremy. They all looked at me, like I shouldn't be happy or something. I walked in with a smug grin and skipped over to lean on Stefan's shoulder.

"What's happening guuyyssss?" I grinned.

Bonnie looked at me strangely. "You have no idea, do you?"

I stepped back. Oh no, what's happened now. Damon coughed and looked up at me awkwardly.

"Um Abby, when we went to save Elena, Klaus got to her first. He took her back to the house, I'm not sure where you were, but Tyler found her, linked up to a bloodbag... he was killing her Abby."

My heart sunk. Oh no. What was happening.

He carried on.

"So ... Bonnie here, had made a heart-stopping spell, to help take down Alaric, and when we got to Klaus.. the spell was still active." He coughed awkwardly again. "We killed him Abby. Not completely, not so Tyler dies, but we locked him up, caged him where noone can find him."

I exploded.

"WHAT. YOU TECHNICALLY KILLED KLAUS. AND ALL FOR THIS ONE GIRL WHO LOOKS EXACTLY, LIKE THE GIRL WHO KILLED MY BROTHER. YOU KILLED MY NEW FRIEND, THE BROTHER OF MY BOYFRIEND. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS. YOU KNOW WHAT, STUFF THIS, DON'T ASK FOR MY HELP ANYMORE. I'M FINE BY MYSELF."

Stefan, Bonnie and the Gilbert blinked at me. Obviously shocked by my outburst. Damon just smirked with a raised eyebrow.

"Did I hear that right? Your 'boyfriend'?" He chuckled sarcastically. "Oh this is great. Wonderful! You've fallen for Elijah haven't you."

I groaned, and started stomping up the stairs, but he zipped in front of me. He narrowed his eyes and growled.

"You're lucky Elijah is on our side. But he won't be, once he knows what we did to his brother. I strongly suggest you sort out who are the good guys and who are the bad Abby. You can't side with both."

I glared back at him. "Well maybe I'm not on your side anymore."

I swiftly turned around and stomped up the rest of the stairs, into my room, then slammed the door as hard as I could, nearly taking it off it's hinges in the process.

I could hear the shocked silence from downstairs.

After about 10 seconds, I heard Damon crack his fingers and command the humans.

"I think, you should leave now."

I heard them slowly walk out of the house.

Maybe my outburst was wrong, maybe I wasn't on a side, but I did not want Elijah to be hurt. No matter what.

####

Elijah's POV:

When Abby left, I was so happy. Perhaps, the happiest I had been in decades. Heck, maybe even centuries. I knew, she was the one for me.

Walking back from the water, from our stroll, I couldn't stop the smile on my face. But somehow, that was all faltered when I reached the grounds.

There was an eery silence. And when I walked in to the dining room, there were signs of a struggle. Blood bags strapped to a chair, holes in walls, blood stains on the carpet. What had happened, I don't know. But I was going to find out.