6. Visits At Midnight

I couldn't sleep. It was my first night in the Salvatore boarding house and I wasn't used to how creaky it was. This house must be like a trillion years old. And plus Damon had a different woman in his room every night. It was loud.

I had just fallen asleep, when, just like the other night, I was woken by a breeze on my face. And once again, it was because the window was open. My eyes blurred up and I dozily looked over. Wait. I sat up in shock.

"Hello." Elijah smiled at me knowingly.

I looked at him for about 10 seconds, just letting it sink in that he was in my room at midnight, and he jumped through my window.

"W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered as he walked over to sit down on my chair.

"I wanted to apologise for playing with your dreams then giving you a shock when Klaus invited you over."

He put dreams in my head. But he doesn't even know me. If he wasn't so good looking and gracious I would be sincerely freaked about by now.

"Oh. That was why. Well, thanks for apologising I guess. It was a bit of a shock."

I laughed tiredly.

He tilted his head and looked into my eyes from across the room.

"And now, I have woken you up from a peaceful sleep, twice in a row now."

I scoffed on the inside. "I don't know about the peaceful part. This house creeps me out."

He looked around the room.

"It's quite old-fashioned isn't it. Don't you like it?"

I looked him up and down. He must have really adjusted from living 1000 years ago. If you judged him according to this century; he was super hot. I giggled as I admitted this to myself, and he raised an eyebrow. Whoops. Was that out loud.

"Um, it's alright I guess. They gave me a pretty cool room. How about you? Do you like it?"

He got up and walked around. "I like that it's not as over exaggerated as my brothers "family home" he created."

"What's wrong with that?" I asked, as he sat down on my bed.

He looked straight at me. "Too many chandeliers. And too many hybrids."

He smiled goofily and I got butterflies.

I couldn't hold back a yawn as I turned to look at the time, and he must've noticed the time too as he stepped back from the bed and straightened his jacket.

"Once again, I am sorry for disturbing your dreams, your sleep and entering your room without permission. You must be sincerely creeped out by now. But don't worry. I would never hurt you." He smiled.

I looked up through my hair. "I know."

My whisper was barely loud enough or myself to hear but I knew he could. For one, he was an original vampire, and also, when I said it and odd look came on his face, and he looked almost pleased.

But then he realised where he was. He knelt down, pressed his lips to my hand, and whispered. "I will see you sometime soon Miss Stephenson."

and with that, he was gone, silently closing the window behind him.

I was sure any dreams I had tonight would be good ones, whether he was involved in constructing them or not.

####

I wasn't taking school anymore, which seemed strange to all my human friends. I just explained that I wasn't feeling well, and I had come down with something. That should keep me off school for about a week. Little did they know, I would be absent a lot longer.

I just hung around with Damon until around noon, when we heard a swift knock on the door. I knew it would be a vampire and they could just barge in anyway, since no human lived here. So I just yelled out "Come on in." Before turning back to my TV series. Klaus Mikaelson marched through, a smug grin plastered on his face.

He chose to sit down in the chair closest to me and make himself at home before greeting us.

"Hello Abby. Hello... Salavatore." He nodded to Damon but the whole time he kept his eyes on me. I was starting to get freaked out. I looked over to Damon with an uneasy smile asking for help, but he just smirked and strode out of the room.

"Afternoon, Klaus."

"Ah love, call me Nik. I mean we're practically family and all?" His eyes sparked with mischief.

I raised my eyebrows.

"What? I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're on about."

"So I hear my dear broth-a paid you a visit last night? Elijah often feels guilty, but not this guilty, and I need to know what you've done to him." His expression was neutral, I had no idea if he was mad, or sarcastic.

"What? First of all, yes, he apologised, like a perfect gentleman. Secondly, since when have I changed him? From what I've heard he has always been the nobleman."

He looked around the room as he spoke.

"Oh yes, he is still noble, just a bit lost. Not sure what to do. Even come so low as to ask his original hybrid brother for help. Lost in...love, perhaps?"

"Love? Love for whom?" I couldn't help feeling a little jealous of whoever this girl was, I don't know why.

He grinned. "Love for you, my dear."

HA.

"Yeah right! And what makes you think I believe a word that you say. You don't exactly have the best reputation around here Niklaus."

I made sure to use his full name, to add the control. Although I knew he could squash me like a bug if he wanted.

After my outburst he just smiled knowingly , got up, and walked towards the door.

"I was just curious. Since you know nothing, this matter is better left unsolved. Thankyou for your time sweet-art."

I rolled my eyes.

"Nice to see you. Kind of."

He smirked and walked through the door, leaving the house behind.

I laid back on the chair and groaned.

"Damonnnn you can come back in now, wolf vamp is gone." I laughed.

The Salvatore marched back into the room, freshly stocked with alcohol and bloodbags.

"What did he want?"

"Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it."

He gave me a strange look but then left the matter alone.

I, on the other hand was utterly confused.

Elijah? Love me? But he just met me? And why would he tell Klaus? Wouldn't he tell a more confidential source?

Although, I can't deny that I was attracted to him as well. The way he talked was posh and high up, but he didn't seem arrogant in any way. He seemed kind, and like he could be hilariously funny if he talked to the right person.

If he went to school, I would go everyday.

He would make the boring classes fun, and the fun classes even better.

What was happening to me. I wish Greyson was here to tell me what to do. From now on I just had to listen to my own guidance, which was always a competition between my brain and my heart.

Nothing ever got resolved.