24. Caramel Brown Hair

Abby's POV:

By the time the game had ended, me and Klaus were on good-ish terms. Sort of. And I had no idea where Caroline was.

As soon as I had arrived here she had fled, and the smirking Mikaelson had later informed that she was still on the cheer squad. Huh. I didn't even notice. I guess I liked to watch the game, instead of the raunchy support.

Trust Klaus to take notice of Caroline wearing an extremely revealing minidress. I knew that Elena used to be on the team. I think when she met the Salvatores, she just kind of, dropped it.

It must've be hard for her, being the human while the two brothers that lusted for her, and one of her best friends, were vampires. Plus, Bonnie's a witch. Her best friend.

I was broken out of my thoughts by Stefan running up through the stands, Elena trailing behind him. He looked excited about the win, but I could tell he had played football too many times over. Elena just looked extremely bored.

I smiled at him and he flicked another glance over to Klaus and back.

"Hey Stefano. Nice game."

He shrugged, making his muscles tighten, and gave a modest grin. The Gilbert girl grabbed him tightly, as if owning him. I knew they were together, he was my best friend. It's not like I was going to make a move.

Deciding I liked the old human Elena better, I resumed the conversation. "So. Why are you up here to talk to me?"

Klaus butted in, peering through the side. "He came up to see if you knew where his broth-a was."

Stefan scowled at the original, but looked slightly surprised. "How do you know?"

The Mikaelson gazed down the stands and onto the vacant field. "You're not going to like my answer."

####

Elijah's POV:

I had been sitting, reading through old notebooks for the past hour, wondering about Abby and how she was, when I heard a commotion in the entrance hall. Flicking my head up to tune into the sound, Stefan's voice could clearly be heard, as well as Abby's.

Deciding to greet my girlfriend, I zipped into the room, only to find their faces full of sorrow. Spread across the table, was a man. I couldn't see his face, but as the leather jacket came into sight, I knew exactly who it was.

Abby looked up to see me, then zipped over, burying her head into my chest, I rubbed her hair, and comforted her, while looking upon the disheveled body of Damon Salvatore.

Klaus looked conflicted. His face showed anger, and a lot of it, but also smugness in a way. I knew it was only a matter of time until Stefan attacked back at Klaus for what his hybrids did to his brother.

Well, I assumed it was the hybrids, from the vicious gash displayed in Damon's shoulder. He also had deep claw marks in his chest, and I doubted whether even I could withstand and live from that.

I eyeballed my brother, signalling for him to get out of here, just as Abby looked up into my eyes.

"We brought him here .. Because it was the closest place we could take him.. I'm s-sorry Lijah."

I shook my head as she started bawling into me again. There had been a lot of crying from her lately. This surprised me, as when I first met her, she was strong, confident, with her own willpower.

I was slowly coming to the realisation that meeting me had changed her, and I HAD to find a way to make her happy again.

Leaning down, I whispered in her ear. "It's okay, why wouldn't I be fine with it? Damon was a good man."