14. Sorrow

Abby's POV:

I could feel the huge fluffy duvet wrapped around me, I was in bliss. These pillows were so big, how many people did they have to compel for them. I turned over, to stare into the face of my favourite person in the world, to see that he wasn't even there.

I sighed, and rolled onto my back again. Something has happened. And I don't know what. But it isn't good.

I slowly hopped up from the over-sized bed, and slipped on my clothes. The sun was shining through the window, and at a guess, it was about midday.

I strode down the stairs stealthily, but obviously not stealthily enough.

Kol came zipping up to me, a glum look showing, but he couldn't hide the smirk that was sprouting through his un-shaven face.

"Oh what do we have here. Someone had a fun night with my brother." He winked.

I sighed and looked around. The house was eerily quiet. "What's happened?"

His face dropped. He opened his mouth, hesitated, and then shut it again. After a whole minute, he answered.

"I can hear Elijah coming back. I think he better tell you everything."

I carried on down the staircase, nodding at Kol on the way, concerned because, he was always the happy Mikaelson. Something really bad must've happened to bring him down. It almost made me upset just looking at him.

I settled down on the couch as my boyfriend walked in the door. He looked exhausted. He looked horrible. But gorgeus at the same time. Argh.

As he saw me he grimaced, trying to put on a brave face.

He came over, and sat down next to me on the couch. He then took my hands in his and looked deep into my eyes. I melted.

He whispered. "Rick killed Klaus last night Abby. For good. With that magical stake. Allaric also died. And. Elena is a vampire. Rebekah tried to kill her after Meredith had given her vampire blood."

I was so shocked. "What!" Elena, a vampire? And, Klaus dead? And, Rebekah?

I got up and started pacing around, letting it all sink in. I rubbed my temples, and a tear slowly dripped down my face.

I had only known Klaus Mikaelson for a short while, but he was a good friend. And deep down, he cared for his family.

Elijah looked even more concerned for me than he was for himself. Kol was also pacing around in the backround. He was now making vigorous calls, it seemed like he was setting up to move away somewhere.

I sat back down on the couch with Elijah and held his face in my hands. "Are you okay?"

He looked at me, like I was an angel. He looked so grateful that I had even considered his feelings. I'm guessing noone else had. His brother had just died.

He had no answer to give. Elijah Mikaelson rested his head on my shoulder, and I felt my shirt become wet as tears flooded out of his chocolate brown eyes.

####

Elijah's POV:

I loved Abby so much. I don't know what I would do without her now. Klaus died, Finn died, Mother died, Mikael died. My family is slowly being ripped apart.

But now I have her. And nothing else matters.

####

Abby's POV:

We spent the day sitting, talking. Talking about the future, and the past. And while staring into eachothers eyes. We talked about the present.

It all sounds so cheesy. But he was a huge part of my life now. And I was going to keep it that way. Forever.