22. Love Death and Jealousy

Abby's POV:

We all flicked our heads around to see Elijah resting in an arm chair, palms on his lap. When our eyes connected I saw the pain flash through them, and my heart broke once more. I was about to run over to him, to hug and beg for his f.orgiveness, when Rebekah pinned my hand down onto the table.

"Elijah! What a surprise." She smiled, and acted all innocently. He just grimaced and tilted his head.

"What? This is OUR house isn't it? Or has Klaus fled and put it into your hands?"

When he said Klaus's name, his eyes passed over me again, as if waiting for some sort of reaction. I just stared at him, blank face, trying to control my feelings.

Rebekah shook her head. "No no, it's just, we haven't seen you for awhile.."

Kol took this as his chance to be annoying. "Yeah, ever since you went to save Abby, right?"

He turned to me, his eyes scrunching up, and a grin plastered on his face. I just nodded and gave him a look with my eyes saying 'Shut. Up.'

He actually listened for once, and promptly sat back down into his seat. I found this hilarious, and almost made a sarcastic comment, but I knew that would turn all my feelings on, all my feelings for Elijah. Probably crying.

The other Mikaelson just answered his brother from across the room. "Yes, I have had errands to run, since then."

I cringed at this, but I felt Rebekah's grip tighten on my hand. Oh no. She sharply stood up and strode over to her older brother.

"Enough!" She yelled. "You guys, are perfect for eachother. Elijah, stop being such a sulk. And Abby, kiss and make up already!"

I gulped and looked up into his eyes. We shared a look for about 10 seconds, and then I fled straight running over into his arms, and full on kissed him.

I think he was surprised. The last person I had kissed was Klaus, and that must be weird for him. But I knew he wouldn't resist me, and I was right.

He took my face into his hands, and pulled me closer to him, and when we broke apart I nuzzled into his neck, the tears slowly started dripping down my face.

"Elijah. I am so so sorry. I love you. And only you Lijah. Klaus got to me. I would never like Klaus in that way, I don't know what happened. I promise the first time we kissed was right then. I am really really so-"

He cut me off by pressing a single finger to my lips, and running his other hand through my hair. I probably should have brushed it better today. Yuck.

He whispered in my ear, and wiped the tears from my cheek. "I forgive you."

I was surprised at how easygoing he was, but I always knew he was a forgiving, nice person, with a kind heart. I knew I had damaged him deeply. And I was going to repair that.

I looked back up into his eyes. "I promise I will make it up to you."

Kissing him again, I heard the other siblings sigh. Rebekah mumbled a 'your welcome' before they both trudged out of the room. When we broke apart again, He looked down at me with a smile.

"Stay here tonight?" He asked quietly.

I nodded, and nuzzled further into his neck, enjoying the smell of him, calming me down. At the back of my mind I was still wondering what was going to become of the Klaus situation. But now was not the right time to ask those questions.

####

Stefan's POV:

At the house, me, Damon, and Elena ( who had calmed down by now ) were sitting on the couch looking at the city council records. We were desperately trying to find this wolf pack before full moon.