Chapter 33

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 33

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

"Of course Lexis." I could feel my eyes start to well with tears of nothing but pure happiness. He slipped the ring on my finger and pulled me in for such a passionate kiss.

"I love you Chanelle." He said in between repeated kisses.

"I love you too Lexis."

~Arlie P.O.V.~

The house feels so empty without Nicole messing it up. I was just sitting on the couch with the tv on in the background.

I decided I might as well just try to reason with Heather and get her to realize she isn't fit to take care of Nicole like in the beginning.

She wasn't leaving to Nevada for another 2 weeks. That should hopefully give me enough time to convince her. I might as well just call her first and start to sweet talk her a little bit.

"Hello?" "Hey Heather." "What do you want?" "I just wanted to talk for a little bit." "About?" "Just about anything. So when are you going to Nevada?" "In 2 weeks. Why?" "I thought maybe we could hang out for a bit. Since you're taking our daughter out of state, I thought it'd be nice if that last moments Nicole has with her parents; she should at least see them getting along." There was a small moment of silence. "Um alright. When do you wanna hang out?" "I was thinkin' maybe today if you weren't busy?" "Alright, we'll get ready. I'll text you when we're ready." "Alright sounds good." I hung up the phone and set it on my lap.

Well at least we're gonna be civil for the next 2 weeks for Nicole's sake.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

I was actually a little nervous just 'cause I thought she might say no but when she said "of course" the biggest feeling of relief swept over me. It's a new feeling now that I'm engaged.

I laughed a little to myself when I would see Nelle shift her gaze between the horses and her ring.

"You wanna go be with 'em huh?" I asked.

"Would you be mad if I said yes?" She said through a cute little smile.

"Nah, go on ahead. I just wanted some time to propose so do what you want now. I'm gonna call Arlie and make sure he's okay." She nodded her head and made her way over to the newest additions to the family.

"Aye." "Aye Arls, how you holdin' up?" "It's weird but I'm about to go chill with Heather and Nicole." "Oh shit really? She's actually gonna let you?" "Yeah I was a little surprised at first too but aye, if she's letting me, I'm not one to complain about that." "True that, alright I'm gon' let you go. Hit me up if anything happens." "Aight will do." I hung up and started making my way back to the house. I was actually starting to get cold so a nigga needs a sweatshirt right quick.

I decided to hit up everyone so they'd come over and check out the new house.

***

"This y'all crib now?" Jay asked as he stepped inside. Everyone else, aside from Arlie, was already here.

"Yee, I can do stupid shit cause I ain't got no neighbors." I said.

"This place is chill as fuck." BV said as he walked to the kitchen.

"Where's Nelle at?" Riley asked as she and Javier were holding hands. To be honest they did look cute together.

"She's out back with her new toy." I said as I pointed to the barn.

"Don't tell me you got her a horse." Jay said.

"2 of 'em. Why?"

"You're a dumbass. You won't be seeing her for a while. She finna be ridin' the horse more than she ridin' you and that's a fact." Jay said as he held his hands up in defense. Everyone started laughing. That's when Nelle walked in.