chapter 16: who's to say i'll never speak again

You know they'll judge you, don't talk.
I let out a shaky breath. I stepped closer to the front of the classroom. I hated this teacher, she always tries to get me to talk. Well of course she made me give a speech about myself. "H-hi my names mute. I-im 15 and I've been a mute since I was 13, I like to make songs, I listen to bands like, Pierce the veil, black veil brides, all time low, sleeping with sirens, some falling in reverse, and panic! at the disco" that's probably the most I've said. Most of the kids had shocked faces. Very few were smiling. I forced a smile back. The final bell rang and I ran down the halls to get to my locker. I got my stuff to go 'home' I fell into someone, muttering a very quiet sorry,I helped him up to see it was Jordan. "Dammit jordan, make me trip you at school" I yelled. A couple of kids looked at me with confusion. I flipped them off. Jordan smirked "so you being the bitch you use to. Be" "yep, but your still an asshole either way!" I blurted. We laughed and walked with each other. My hand lingered near his by his side. He reached to mine and we were suddenly holding hands. I noticed that my voice wasn't talking to me anymore. Aww I miss that bitch! Ha-ha! I sound insane. I blushed and Jordan noticed. He spun me into a hug and then kissed me! That's twice in one month! "Hey uh, mute-" I cutt him off. "No. Just call me fallen" "ok... Fallen....will you uh....be my girlfriend?" He asked. I blushed and lept into his arms. I screamed yes about a million times. This caused a huge amount of attention. I mean it's not everyday that the mute talks and someone asks the mute out.... Well maybe just not on the same day. We finally got back to shadow apple (the orphanage she was dropped off at 13) I ran up to my room and squealed into my pillow. I calmed down and grabbed my phone, headphones, the beanie that fell off my head, and some money I saved up. After I took out the money I would probably need, I counted the rest to find out that I had only $100 left. I would have to get a job soon. I knocked on steph, Mel, and cassey's room hearing the song she's kinda hot though by 5 seconds of summer blarring. I smiled slightly. Cassey opened the door. "Oh hey!" She greeted I signaled for her to follow me and she did. "Ok, first, happy birthday, 12 year old fucker!" I yelled. She giggled and looked up slightly at me. I wasn't so short now ;) "and second, mother fucker get your phone, any money you got, some shoes cuz we going to the mall, bitch!" I yelled again she smiled wildly and ran off to get her stuff.she came back down. "Oh yeah, I'm no longer mute, and my new names fallen!" I yelled so everyone could hear me. I pulled Lana, the only girl in the orphanage that could drive. Plus 'mother' didn't ever drive us anywhere. After getting permission from the head person below 'mother' we headed to the mall. "So....Cassey where to first." I said as we entered the mall. "HOT TOPIC FOR THE WIN!" she screamed. "Off to Narnia we go!" I shouted as we got strange looks from others. As we entered the store I raced towards the anime merch. Don't judge. I picked out a couple of attack on titan shirts and then went to find Cassey. She was staring at the band merch. I smiled and told her to pick out what she wanted. She had gotten two bvb shirts, three 5sos shirts, and one ptv shirt. I had alot so I didn't get any. I saw a bracelet that said 'spoiler alert, everybody dies' I laughed at it and got it to. "So.. Cassey, do ya wanna dye your hair? I was gonna dye mine later.." She gasped and hugged me saying "wait. It's actually real and not just hair chalk" I laughed and nodded a yes. She picked out a bright blue. I picked pastel pink. We payed for the stuff. We headed back and stopped at Wendy's to get something to eat. Sell the other two did. Cassey offered me a chessy fry... Then remembered the insistent with the apple and mumbled never mind. I stole one of her fries and tried to eat it. I didn't throw it up or felt queasy or anything. We both smiled and we finally got back to shadow Apple's. I went to my room and helped Cassey with her hair. We got it done and then she helped with mine. Once we got completely done I asked 'mother' if Cassey could move into my room, since I had an extra bed, she had said sure. Today was the best. I had what felt like a little sister, im my best friends girlfriend, and best of all, I was able to eat french fries!

Media is Cassey and fallen when they get their hair dyed