Chapter Five

Scott let out a groan as his alarm clock went off, he rolled over and placed his pillow over top his head in an attempt to drown out the loud beeping noise.

"Fuck, Scott, turn that off." He heard his roommate groan. Scott let out a sigh as he rolled over, pillow still on his face as he attempted to slap the 'snooze' button a few times. Scott removed the pillow from his face as Chilled rolled over when he had successfully shut the annoying contraption off, but both let out a scream not far from sounding feminine.

"What the fuck?! Why are you here?!" Scott glared at Sioux as the man move away from the door he was leaning on. He glanced at his roommate and saw Chilled was trying to calm down, he himself was trying to comprehend how the man got in their room. Chilled had three locks on the door that he locked every night, complaining about 'monsters getting in', Scott thought it was childish but he felt safer.

"You were supposed to meet me at five at the track, it's now nine." His voice held no emotion, that annoyed Scott greatly but he didn't know why.

"If you don't mind me asking, how the hell did you get in here?" Asked Chilled as he stood up from the bed and walking over to his desk to clean it up a bit, most likely embarrassed that a mentor saw their pigsty of a room.

"I have my ways." Scott's mentor simply said, but Scott caught that small smirk. He shook his head as he quickly walked over to his dresser, heaven forbid he be more late than he already was. "Be at the track in five minutes." Sioux's voice caught his attention as the taller man left the room, Scott turned and watched as he left. Something was telling him that he should ask Sioux to wait for him but he simply shook his head, things were too awkward after yesterday.

"Hey Chilled, where's the track?"

.:.

Scott ran as quick as he could, he only had a minute to get to where he needed to go. And of course the track was at the other end of the property, just his luck. Suddenly a figure stepped out in front of him and he fell backwards, colliding with the ground.

"So you can be on time." Scott scowled as he heard his deep voice. Scott quickly bounced back up and brushed himself off. "You could've at least put on some pants first." Scott gave Sioux a confused look and glance down to see dark blue boxers. How had he forgotten to put on pants?! He crossed his arms as he blushed deeply, avoiding eye contact with his mentor.

"I was in a fucking hurry." He spat out, still trying to figure out how he forgot pants. Why hadn't Chilled said anything?

He glanced at Sioux as the older one gave a small smirk. "Go get some pants, then we'll start." Scott quickly nodded and started his walk of shame back to the dorms. Why him? Why today? Scott just let out a sigh, he didn't understand. If it was with anyone else, he would've brushed it off saying he had no shorts left. But with Sioux, he found he couldn't bring himself to lie to the man. What's wrong with me?

Soon enough, Scott was back at the track with pants on this time. Sioux was leaning against a short oak tree that sat near the opening of the field, a book and clipboard on the ground beside him. "So, ready to run, Campbell?" Scott blinked at the nickname but simply nodded, though he wasn't sure why he had the honour of having a nickname from this asshole.

"How many laps?"

"Twelve, run as many as you can." Scott felt his mouth drop open, he had to run all twelve laps?! He could barely run one lap let alone twelve! "And you'll keep running them until you can run all twelve." Scott was about to argue but Sioux was already seated and starting his book. Scott let out a sigh and began to jog the track, maybe he could jog for most of it and- "Campbell! I said run, not jog!" Scott let out a groan as he picked up the pace. He could sprint short distances, but twelve laps? No way.