Chapter Sixteen

A few days later, Sioux was summoned to Cry's office. He knew the reason and he knew this was he and Scott's ticket out of here. He had to play his cards right and not seem too eager to take the mission, whatever it was.

Sioux turned to the right, walking at a quick pace down the hallway. He knocked on the door and without fail came the soft 'come in'. He opened the door and saw Cry was nowhere in the room.

As if Cry could read his thoughts, the Headmaster answered. "Back here," Sioux walked over to the door in the corner of the room that was slightly ajar and pushed it open, he saw Cry sitting on his bed, gently rubbing Sup's head. "He's getting worse. I've been working with less and less herbs since the attack. Those fuckers stole our medicine and it's taken a toll on the poor guy." The white creature closed its eyes as it let out a painful sounding cough.

"How is me being here going to help?" He asked, tightening his green bandana. So far so good, it seemed like it would be just a supply run.

Cry stood up and lead Sioux out of the large room and back into his study. "I need you to head to the factory and bring back as much as you can carry, it would be helpful to bring back a couple plants as well so we don't have to keep stealing." Sioux just blinked his eyes and nodded, this seemed too easy. Cry usually sent him out on missions he knew were tough, not some petty fetch quest equivalent shit.

"Okay, sure, but there must be a catch, there's always a catch with you." His comment was slightly bitter unbeknown to Sioux, his past affecting his judgement of words and tone.

Cry let out a small chuckle as he sat down on his desk, his shoulders slumping down. "You know me well," Sioux bit his tongue from replying as Cry continued, "and yes, there is a catch. I want you to take Scott with you, it'll be good practice for him." Sioux shook his head as he crossed his arms, here was his time to shine.

"No way, he can barely fight with a stick, he'd get hurt out there." Cry slid off his desk, walking towards a newer looking filing cabinet and pulled out a folder, waving it around.

"Snake, why're you lying? A little birdy told me that he fights almost as good as you." Shit.

"And who would this birdy be? Some like to lie." Cry let out a dark chuckle, suddenly going silent as he whipped the folder at Sioux, the contents of the folder flying out.

"Don't play dumb with me, Sioux, why are you protecting him? You wanted nothing to do with him, now you two are practically connected at the hip! Don't tell me you're in love, I'm sure you know what happens to apprentices when a mentor falls in love with them." Sioux kept a stoic expression though he was internally panicking.

He relaxed as he hid a smirk. "Oh I know, they end up like Cheyenne, right?" Sioux could almost feel Cry's glare behind his mask, his fists clenched tightly.

Cry pointed an accusing finger at Sioux, his voice laced with anger. "You can't say shit about her when Ma-"

"Don't you dare drag her into this. She was my friend, nothing more since I was with your sorry ass, though she would've been a better choice." Cry let out a small chuckle, sitting down in his chair as he kicked his feet up onto the desk.

Cry laced his fingers behind his head as he tipped it back, Sioux just able to see his smirk beneath his mask. "Still a tender subject? I love how you're still torn up about that, it was so obvious I was using you." Sioux could feel his blood boil, but he held back, Cry wanted a fight but he wouldn't give in.

Instead he decided that two could play at this game. "At least I can say I took the Cryaotic's virginity." Cry tipped his head down, Sioux saw his lips press into a line as he readjusted out of discomfort.