Chapter Seventeen

Midnight seemed like years away, Scott wasn't able to get any sleep due to worrying about Sioux. He knew they'd be fine, but the thought of Sioux having another mental breakdown because of Mash and repressed memories scared him. Sioux was supposed to be the strong one, he was supposed to be the glue that kept them up. Now it was like the tables had turned, it was Scott's turn to be the support. He didn't mind, but it came out of nowhere, giving him no time to prepare himself. What if they both had a mental breakdown? Who would protect who? Maybe it was better to forget some things. Scott had no idea what sick lesson Sioux learned that he needed to remember, but he wouldn't question it, he couldn't for Sioux's sake.

Scott jumped slightly when the alarm clock went off, feeling Sioux hold him a little tighter. He smiled softly as Sioux groaned into the back of his neck, seemingly curling up closer to the younger one. "Still tired?" Scott asked softly after Sioux used a quick burst of magic to turn off the annoying beeps.

Sioux let out a hum, Scott feeling a gentle kiss to the back on his neck. "Why did Ken have to come back today?" Sioux whined, Scott holding back a laugh.

He rolled over, his brown eyes meeting greyish-blue. "The sooner we get Russ the sooner we can leave this place." Sioux slowly leaned forward, pressing his nose to Scott's. "Now you're not even listening." Scott teased, Sioux smiling softly.

"Debatable." Scott let out a laugh before pressing a kiss to Sioux's lips. "I love you." Sioux said softly, holding Scott a little tighter.

Scott frowned slightly, he could hear sadness in Sioux's voice. "I love you, too. Is everything okay?" Sioux let out a soft sigh but nodded.

"Just worried, though everything will be fine." Scott gently moved his hand up, running his fingers through Sioux's hair to get it out of his face.

They shared another kiss before Sioux sat up, Scott laying there for a moment before joining Sioux. Scott almost felt like a weight was placed on his shoulders, his stomach filled with butterflies. "Why does all this seem like a bad idea?" Scott asked quietly, following Sioux to his bathroom.

"You feel like that too?" Sioux asked, heading over to turn on the shower.

Scott gave a small nod as he shut the door. "Yeah, I could hardly get to sleep. Something doesn't feel right, this is all too coincidental for my liking." He pulled his shirt off, not noticing Sioux staring at him silently. "Ken just happens to show up the day we're supposed to leave for the same place he came from, Cry's only sending us though he suspects we're together, hell, even Ken being alive is too good to be true! What are the chances that Russ is alive? It should be slim to none, but Ken is alive so we can assume Russ is too. Nothing adds up and it scares me." Scott hugged himself, shaking slightly.

He felt Sioux wrap him in a hug, hiding his face away in Sioux's chest. "When we find Russ, we'll all figure this out and find out who's responsible for this, I promise." Scott nodded into Sioux's chest, parting after a few moments. They finished undressing, both stepping into the shower with a sense of dread of what was to come.

.:.

Cry greeted Sioux and Scott, the youngest of the two looked nervous but Cry didn't really care. The only reason he was sending Scott with Sioux was because he hoped that Scott would be injured some sort of way, he wanted Sioux back, he missed him. "Hey guys, how's it going?" Both remained silent but Sioux was sending a glare, Cry holding back a scoff. "Alright, good to hear." He commented sarcastically, leading the two outside the school towards the front gates. "Okay, remember what you're there to do; get Russ and come back, no detours or funny shit." Cry heard one of them stifle a laugh behind him.