Chapter Six

Scott stared at Sioux, the older one had fallen asleep a short while ago. The room was quiet, the sun softly bathing the room in a gentle glow. Scott smiled softly, half wishing he could ignore this strange feeling towards Sioux. He let out a small sigh, dismissing the thought away. He had to come to terms with these feelings sooner or later, he chose later. He was scared to know what he was feeling, he didn't want them to be right.

He let out another sigh, spinning in Sioux's chair slightly before getting up and heading to his bookshelf, reading the titles of his many books. He glanced over at Sioux when he let out a groan, ignoring it as he went back to looking at the books.

He bit his lip in worry when Sioux let out a whine, rolling over in his sleep. Scott slowly made his way over, wondering if Sioux was having a bad dream. He watched as Sioux let out whimpers, tossing and turning as words started to slip from his mouth. "Scott..." He perked his head up, eyebrow raised in confusion. "No, stop, not him too, no, stop!" Scott bit his lip before deciding he should end this man's torture. He gave Sioux a small shake, eyebrows knitted together in worry. "No, not like her, leave him, don't hurt him, stop!"

Scott gave him a harder shake, desperate to wake him up. "Sioux! Wake up!" After a moment, Sioux's eyes snapped open, sitting bolt upright as he looked around the room. Scott sat on the edge of his bed, worried to death about him. "Hey, you're okay, it was just a bad dream." Sioux looked over at him before moving closer, pulling Scott into a tight hug.

"Thank goodness you're okay." He whispered, his voice wavering. Scott awkwardly hugged him back, wondering what got Sioux so scared. He didn't even expect this man to be affectionate, bad dream or not. "I thought it was real."

"Well, I'm fine, so no worries." They stayed like that for a short while, Scott growing more comfortable as he soothingly rubbed Sioux's back. "Have you had that dream before?" Scott asked softly.

"A few times, but never like... that..." Scott let out a small hum, rocking them subconsciously.

"Wanna talk about it?" He immediately felt Sioux tense up in his grasp.

"No, it's fine."

"Obviously it's not, but whatever floats your boat." Both fell into silence, Sioux's body growing heavy against Scott. He glanced over and saw Sioux managed to fall back asleep, hopefully he wouldn't have another bad dream. Scott gave him a sympathetic look when he saw the dark circles under his eyes, he must of had this dream more often than he let on. But what was Sioux so worried about that Scott was the victim?

His eyes suddenly widened, the gears turning. Pewds and Cry had said something about Chilled having a roommate before, something happening to that person. He thought back to Sioux speaking in his sleep, at one point he said 'not like her'. He was curious now, what happened to Chilled's roommate and were they the same person as 'her'?

He had so many questions filling his head, he wanted to ask Sioux but the man was fast asleep plus he didn't need to trigger any more memories. Cry and Pewds obviously wouldn't talk about it, so that left Chilled. Well, wasn't that a way to break the ice. 'Hi, I heard you had a old roommate, tell me about them.'

He rolled his eyes at himself, slowly laying Sioux down and covering him before heading over to the stoic's man chair and plopping down into it. He needed to ask Chilled soon about 'her' and his roommate, but he couldn't just leave Sioux. What if the man had another nightmare? Scott blinked his eyes, why did he suddenly care?

He shook his head to clear it before leaning back, feeling his eyes grow heavy. He eventually gave in and fell into an uneasy sleep.

.:.