Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Sorry for a lack of chapters last week, writers block. Should be good to go again though!

Scott felt the hair on the back of his neck rise up as the cold air rushed in from the doors, Sioux had warned him of what was to come moments before but he still didn't feel ready. All his fear and worry had returned, he didn't want to be anywhere near this place. Sioux had said there could be a possibility of a hundred different things going wrong at the very least, there could be an army waiting, Russ could be dead, all of this was sick amusement for Cry, and even that this was the wrong factory.

Sioux went in first, sword drawn and muscles tense. Scott hesitantly followed, sword also at the ready while his free hand rested on his hidden dagger. They slowly moved down a long corridor with doors lining both walls, all labelled something in a different language that Scott couldn't read. He bit his bottom lip as a scream of agony came from one of the rooms, now that he was listening all he could hear was sobbing and pleas for help, some quiet and some loud.

"What is this place?" Scott asked quietly, keeping close beside Sioux as another scream rang out.

"Literal hell on earth." Scott stared at Sioux with fear, the older one continuing. "Think of this as a jail for assassins, except the bad guys run it." Sioux explained, peeking into one of the slits into one of the rooms.

"But won't we get thrown into one of these cells?" Scott mumbled loud enough for Sioux to hear.

He shook his head. "Not if we don't get caught, plus we've done nothing yet to provoke them to 'arrest' us. Well, at least you haven't." Scott was almost frozen in fear, why would Cry send them in alone?! This was a suicide mission!

Scott fell silent, too horrified and nervous to say anymore. They continued down the corridor that seemed to go on forever, checking each room for the brunet with blue eyes. Scott peeked into the next room on his side, finding it empty. He went closer to the door, scanning the room before a head popped up right in front of Scott. He let out a small yelp as he jumped back, the man on the other side letting out a psychotic laugh.

"You okay?" Sioux asked, placing a hand on Scott's shoulder.

Scott let out a small snort before sending a glare at the man who was still laughing at him. "I'm fine, chucklefuck decided to jump out in front of me." Scott heard Sioux let out a sigh in relief, what had he thought happened?

Sioux let out a small hum as he turned and went back to the left side. "Just be careful." He called softly over his shoulder, looking into the room.

Scott stared after him for a moment before heading to the next door, taking a breath before looking in. Luckily this time the prisoner was seated on their bed, Scott not having to worry about a jumpscare. "This place is awful." He muttered to himself as he moved on, wondering if these assassins were heroes once. He frowned slightly, was this were great assassins came to die? They got caught and this was their end? Maybe Chilled was half right, maybe the people he thought never left came here instead.

Scott shivered at the thought, but he wouldn't put it past Cry. That man seemed more fucked up than this place and Scott had no idea of his intentions.

.:.

It must have been hours of looking into rooms before Scott was ready to give up. "Please Snake, he's not here. And if he was do you really think he'd be on the first floor? We need a bigger team, then we can free everyone and call it a day." Scott was ready to collapse, he had no idea why Sioux was so determined to find Russ today. It had been at least a month since he had gone missing, he could last a few more days. It was also impossible to check every room for ten floors, plus there could be a basement, holding cells, he could be dead, he could even be at a different location.