Chapter Eleven

A/N: Exposition-through-dialogue the short chapter.

Scott bit his lip as he stood at Sioux's door, wanting to head out and get food but he was nervous to see everyone after yesterday. He glanced back at the bed, Sioux was still fast asleep. Scott watched him for a moment, watching as his chest rose and fell, his lips slightly parted, softly snoring, handso-

Scott shook his head before he turned and slowly headed out, walking down towards the Dining Hall and he hoped to hell Chilled wasn't there. Hell, he hoped no one was there. His plan was to grab food then head back to Sioux's room, it seemed to be his only safe haven. Scott paused when he heard voices, his confidence falling significantly. He peeked around the corner, getting a look who was there as he listened to their conversation.

"I bet they fucked, why else would they spend so much time together?" Chilled snarled, so much for Chilled not being there.

"To be fair, Chilled, Sioux is his mentor." Ziegs pointed out, taking a sip of her drink. Her wounds must had not been as bad as Cry said they were, from the looks of it she had only a cast on her left arm and a few bandages on her forehead and cheeks.

"Still," Chilled pressed, "it's not normal."

Minx let out a snort as she leaned forward slightly. "If you're talking about them maybe being gay, you better take a long look in the mirror. We all know you like Nann-" Minx stopped herself but Chilled had seemingly pieced it together himself.

He sent a glare before standing up, Scott wondering if he should do something. "You don't get to talk about him, you hardly knew him!" Scott bit his lip as he saw Minx shrink down slightly, Chilled seeming to take advantage of his current anger and larger size. "So what if I liked him?! He's gone while that pathetic excuse for a apprentice got to be fucked by his mentor and be out of harms way!"

"Stop yelling at Minx!" Scott snapped, not sure what he was getting himself into as he took a few steps into the Dining Hall. Chilled whipped around, sending a glare to Scott as Ziegs moved to comfort Minx. "You're mad at me, right? So why bother anyone else?" Scott could feel himself shake slightly, none of this was his fault and he'd prove it!

"You should've stayed with your boyfriend, 'cause you're dead meat." Scott stood his ground as Chilled paced towards him, where were the mentors when you needed them?

Scott quickly ducked as Chilled's fist flew towards him, moving to the left as Chilled tried a second punch. "We just finished fighting the enemy, I refuse to fight you!"

"Don't you say 'we' like you helped, you did jack shit!" Chilled kicked up his leg, Scott managing to back step just enough to keep out of range.

"We all need to grieve, fighting me won't undo the past!" At this point, Scott was just trying to reason with him, he still wasn't sure why all of Chilled's anger was directed at him.

Chilled seemed to ignore him, lunging forward and managing to hit Scott in the jaw. It caught the shorter brunet off guard but it gave Chilled the chance to push him down and pin him. Scott panicked and threw out a shield spell, hitting Chilled far enough away that it gave Scott a change to get up. "Oh, using spells are we!?" Scott's eyes widened as Chilled conjured up a lightning bolt, sending it flying towards Scott. When had they learned that?!

He sent deflective spell one after another, it was only a few minutes but it felt like hours. He was struck with a fairly weak spell after failing to hit his target, toppling over onto his back. Why did magic have to take so much energy?! His eyes went wide, the largest bolt yet was coming right for him. Scott closed his eyes and braced himself, but the pain never came.