Chapter Ten

Scott let out a sigh as his alarm went off, he sat up and shut it off, hoping the alarm wouldn't wake up Chilled. To his delight, the light sleeper seemed to be undisturbed. Scott smiled slightly as he got out of bed and got dressed. He still felt awful, he felt like last night was his fault. He hardly got an hour of sleep, he figured that Sioux wasn't going to train him today but he needed to run the stress off.

He quickly left the dorms after writing Chilled a note of where he went and headed out to the track, he wondered if Sioux would be there, ready to scold him for being late and make him run more. He just wished that things could go back to how they were, before the sparing and the stream.

Scott arrived at the track at nine o'clock on the dot, unsurprised to see Sioux was nowhere to be found. "For fuck sakes." Scott spat quietly as he looked around, hoping to catch sight of that ugly green bandana somewhere. But in the end it was all fruitless, his mentor was not there. He glanced back at the dorms before he let out a sigh and removed his jacket, throwing it down on the ground before starting his laps.

.:.

Scott was panting slightly as he finished his fifth set of laps, he sat down on the ground for his ten minute break. He glanced at his watch and saw it was a little past twelve. "Are you fucking kidding me?" He spat, pulling at his hair slightly. "He better be fucking happy." Scott mumbled as he stood up, his break wasn't over but he wasn't tired, he felt like he could run around the world and still have energy.

"Jund?" He quickly whipped around and saw Sioux was standing there, surprise clearly on his usual stoic face.

Scott crossed his arms and sent a playful glare at the taller one, wanting to forget about last night. "You're late, go run twelve laps." He mocked, a grin on his face.

Sioux just stood there, Scott was about to say 'it's a joke', but his mentor spoke up. "Why the hell are you even out here?" Scott rolled his eyes.

"You told me we were training on weekends too and today's Sunday." Sioux seemed to suddenly remember and gave a small nod.

"Then go ahead," Sioux gestured towards the track, "don't let me stop you." Scott let out a small snort before taking off around the track again, glancing back he saw Sioux still standing there and seemingly trying to comprehend what just happened.

The rest of the early afternoon seemed to be a mixture of Sioux tip toeing around while Scott tried to form words about yesterday.

"Sioux, can we talk?" Scott begged, hoping he wouldn't be shooed away this time. Sioux shook his head, refusing to look up from his book.

"No."

"But I need-"

"I said no, Scott."

"Damn it, we need to talk about yesterday at the stream!" Scott was fed up at this point as well as upset, Sioux had never called him 'Scott', it was always 'Campbell' or 'Jund', but never his first name.

"What's there to talk about? All we did was play games."

Scott narrowed his eyes before ripping Sioux's book out of his hands, making him focus. "Obviously there's something wrong 'cause you've practically ignored me all day, now what the fuck happened?!"

"Where you even paying attention at all?! Do you not remember the last game?!" Sioux snapped, catching Scott off guard.

"I know what happened, but I'm trying to not let it bring down my mood! Why would you even care any of that happened? Why not just forget about it?" Scott felt his voice quiver slightly, but he refused to break down in front of Sioux right now.