Chapter Eight

Scott's alarm went off, causing him to groan. His body ached from all the training he did with the other apprentices, he was sure his arms and legs were bruised from them.

"Rise and shine! Today, you'll be a champion!" Scott just put his pillow over his head as Nanners opened the curtains, allowing the early morning sun to filter into the room.

"Fuck off Nanners, I'm too tired." He grumbled as he tried to block out the light, but no one would simply let him sleep. That'd be too easy, like it always was.

He felt the bed sink down beside him, he assumed Nanners had taken a seat. "Just think, if you win this fight with Sioux, you can do whatever you want!" Scott let out a sigh as he slowly sat up, that did sound nice. Then he could go right the fuck back to sleep.

"Alright, fine, let's go."

.:.

Scott nervously made his way to the track with the apprentices following him, with the exception of Krism, Minx, and Chilled, they had decided that sleep was more important. He couldn't agree more, hell, he'd want to be asleep still, tucked away in a warm, comfortable blanket. But he was stuck with a bullheaded mentor who demanded for training at five in the morning.

He could see Sioux's silhouet under his seemingly favourite pine tree, the man already had his nose in his book. "Sioux!" The man looked up at the sound of his name and Scott smirked, deciding he wanted to come off as cocky. Well, as best as he could, it was hard to stay cocky when the bastard he called his mentor was around.

Sioux looked at Scott with narrowed eyes, seemingly trying to figure out why the others had come with him. "Howdy." Sioux simply said, Scott's smirk only widened.

"Let's make a deal in a form of a battle," that had Sioux's attention, "if you win, I'll do whatever training you want me to do without question or complain for the rest of the year, but if I win, I decide what you teach me for the rest of the year." Scott's smirk faulted as he waited for an answer, but Sioux seemed to take his time thinking about it.

The taller one turned slightly to Mark. "Go get the sparing staffs." Mark nodded quickly and took off towards the school, both Scott and Sioux watching him go. Scott's attention was drawn back by Sioux's bored sounding voice. "You know I'll win, right?"

Scott let out a snort as he crossed his arms. "That's what you think." Soon enough Mark returned with two long wooden poles, handing them to Sioux and Scott.

Ken walked over to them and grinned slightly. "Best two out of three, knock the staff out of their hands and pin them down." Scott snapped his head at Ken, eyes wide and jaw dropped open.

"I can't pin him down!" Scott almost wished he hadn't of spoken.

"Easy win for me then." Scott looked back over at his mentor and scowled at the bastard's smug face, Scott merely replied with his middle finger.

"Three!" Scott took a few steps back, Sioux mimicked him.

"Two!" Scott quickly got into a ready position, trying to remember everything he was taught in the course of five hours.

"One!" Suddenly his heart rate quickened, this was it, all or nothing.

"Fight!" Scott lunged at Sioux, trying to swipe at his arm with his staff, Sioux nimbly sidestepped and hit Scott in the back. Scott held in a yelp of pain as he turned quickly and connected his staff with Sioux's arm, there would for surely be a bruise there tomorrow for both of them.

Without even a second thought, Scott went to swing again but suddenly his staff left his hands. Scott tried desperately to reach it, but Sioux was quicker; he grabbed the younger one's trailing arm and pulled him back, quickly pushing him into the ground face first.