Chapter 10 - Interrogations

White eyes, with light beautiful tints of lavender scanned the area up ahead with a look of determination as their owner jumped through the trees. The kunoichi and her team…they just had to find something, anything, and she wouldn’t go back until she did.

“Naruto-kun, I hope we find you soon.”

“Oi, Hinata, are we there yet?”

“H-hai! It‘s just around this bend.” Hinata called out, when Kiba’s loud impatient voice called from her left.

 “Alright, everyone stop.”

The team came to an abrupt halt on tree branches of several different heights at the command of Captain Yamato. Yamato, for the time being, had been assigned to the search team consisting of Hinata, Kiba, and Shino. Kurenai had yet to be put back on her team’s roster as she was still on maternity leave with her almost six month old baby. And anyways, Tsunade thought it best that Yamato be sent with any search team just in case Naruto’s nine-tail chakra was in need of suppressing.

“Our orders have been made clear by Lady Tsunade. We can only stay in this area for a limited amount of time. So time is of the essence as soon as we arrive.” Yamato looked down from his branch at the Inuzuka duo. “Kiba, you and Akamaru keep your noses sharp for anyone who may be sneaking around. You know what I mean…”

Kiba gave a firm nod, being in complete serious mode. There was a high possibility that the council would be sending their own personal Anbu spies to track them. All of them knew how infuriated Lady Tsunade had sounded when she had given them warning. They could feel her near murderous aura before they had even made it to the front door. Akamaru, though being the large intimidating size he was, had practically crawled up the steps and to the Hokage’s office with a timid whimper.

“According to Neji, there was no one under the rubble, but there may be some clues left behind somewhere. Hinata, Shino, it’s up to the two of you to quickly sift through it all. Meanwhile, I will set up clones and help Kiba and Akamaru to keep a watch on our perimeter.” Hinata’s eyes hardened with another look of determination and Shino gave a quiet nod from under his hooded garment.

Yamato then took the lead and they all jumped forward through the trees to reach their destination. From there on out, they had to work in near complete silence.

_______________________________________________________________

The many blinds that were closed upstairs, soon found themselves to be pulled up open. The sunlight lit the rooms up one by one as Sam went through each room. There were a total of three bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms were on the east side of the home and shared one large bathroom, will on the west side of the home, across the bridge way that connected the two sections, was the other, much larger room as it had its own bathroom.

Sam exited the last room that had needed it blinds open and stopped on the bridge way where the four guests stood, waiting to see what was on the list to do and where to start. Saix, for the time being, stayed down stairs at the order of Sam, just so he wouldn’t get in the way and accidentally cause trouble for anyone. That seemed to suit him just fine though as he lay, sprawled out on the large couch that Kakashi had been using for the past two nights, without any care in the world.

“Alright, so as you can see, there are only three bedrooms and four of you, which means that someone…is going to have to share.” Sam addressed as she looked to the four, leaning over on one side with her arms crossed, trying to come to a decision as to the sleeping arrangements. “Now, I say it’s only fair and more decent for Sakura to get the room over on this side.” Sam pointed over to the large, lone room that was closest to the front door down stairs. “She needs her privacy you know.”