Chapter 4 - Eclipse

“Hey, I can hear the waterfall more. We’re almost there!” Naruto hollered as he continued to run along the river’s edge with the rest of his team.

“We’ll need to stick together and keep our guard up. We don’t know what they might have planned, and let’s try to keep quiet, alright?” Kakashi looked over his shoulder to Naruto in particular.

Naruto simply nodded his head, fully understanding the situation and what was to be expected of him. Sakura and Sai also nodded their heads as everyone went into stealth mode and stopped with their backs against the wall of the cliff, just next to where the falls were falling. Kakashi motioned with his fingers to continue up the slope and behind the waterfall where Neji had said the other three were residing. Upon entering the falls, Sai and Naruto broke off and darted to the other side of the cave’s wall and stopped, waiting for further orders from Kakashi. With the loud sound of the falls behind them, they all nodded, taking cue from each others eyes, and preceded with caution. The sounds of dripping water echoed throughout the cave as they continued deeper into the cave and away from the falls.

“I was wondering when you four would get here.” Came a voice from just up ahead of them. It held a high sense of confidence and authority.

“Yes, Lord Kadou has been anxiously awaiting your arrival.” Team Kakashi looked behind them in surprise to the sound of a second male voice that sounded like it was coming from under the earth. They hadn’t sensed anyone behind them before, and they had split off to either side of the cave to avoid any surprises from the shadows.

“Kira, why don’t you go greet our guest for your dear brother?” The first voice commanded.

“Of course, brother.” A slender man wearing a hooded cape dropped down from the shadows and stood up for all to see his face. He had dark, blue shaggy hair and dark, blue eyes. His face held a dark playful look as he gave a crooked smirk in their direction.

“Care to play a game?” Kira asked as he melted back into the shadows. His voice seemed to sound from every direction.

Everyone’s attention turned to Sai as he let out a grunt after being tripped by an unseen force; that being Kira. This prompted Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi to turn facing back to back with each other as Sai regained himself and did the same. It didn’t help, though, as Naruto found himself being shoved into the ground followed by an echoing laugh.

“Come on, play with me.” Kira taunted as he pulled at Sakura’s short locks, causing her to yell out and swing her elbow around behind her, catching nothing but empty space.

“Sakura!” Naruto stood back up with a glare and put his fingers together. “Fine! You wanna play!? Then you asked for it! Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Dozens of clones jumped all around and began attacking any moving shadows.

“Numbers won’t do any good against Lord Kira, Konoha shinobi.” A man with sandy brown hair and a green eye informed as he rose out from the earth right in the middle of Kakashi, Sakura, and Sai and began to attack the off-guard group. He held one of his eyes closed as Kakashi would if he didn’t have his headband covering it.

They each jumped back and away from both each other, and the hostile new comer; while dodging many small squares of earth being chunked out at them. Kakashi quickly formed his seals to perform his Mud Wall to try and separate the man from him and his team. The dark colored man simply walked through the barricade as though it hadn’t even been there at all. As if to add more emphasis to his abilities, he took the Mud Wall Kakashi had put up and broke it down into sharp projectiles for his own use against them.

“Earth Style: Earth Rods!” The projectiles shot off in a volley of rounds at their designated targets.

Sakura placed a well calculated punch to the ground, causing a shield of broken earth to block the attack. For a few moments, it felt as if the entire cave was going to collapse from the sudden impact of earth.