Chapter 5 - Outlandish

Ibiki Morino.

Friends and enemies alike would tremble in fear at just the mention of his name. Whether it was out of discomfort, fear of his appearance, or even what he specialized in as a shinobi, people would shiver. Ibiki’s interrogation skills were top notch, and what made then even more impressive was the fact that not one of them required the use of physical force. Every person that was placed before him for interrogation always talked. Whether that person was sane by the end of it all, depended on how intense the interrogation had become, and whether or not the person was weak of mind.

“What have you got for me, Ibiki?” Tsunade looked through the large window into another room that held the shinobi that Guy’s team had brought in just hours ago. He was tied down on a chair with his wrists in a heavy, connected cuff that acted as a chakra restrainer.

“Nothing yet. Everything is a game to this one. I put him through some of the toughest genjutsu in my arsenal and all he did was joke and asked to be ‘played’ with some more.” Ibiki’s hard eyes scanned the man that had his head down and was grinning at the floor. It had been a long time since someone had proved to be this difficult to crack. If there was anything that Ibiki didn’t like, it was being unable to get his prisoners to talk.

Tsunade sighed, “Let’s see how Inoichi will fair with him. And if that doesn’t work, then I’ll do something about him myself.” Tsunade warned with an intimidating glare to the strange man before she took her leave from the interrogation room.

Tsunade walked several meters down the empty hallways of the interrogation building before she stopped and leaned against a wall with a small slam of her fist. She gritted her teeth together and squeezed her eyes shut. She just couldn’t believe that they were gone. How could something like this have happened? She gave a firm shake of her head. No, they couldn’t be gone. They were too tough. Naruto, Sai, Sakura, and that Hatake brat…all of them were just too tough. She had to keep the belief that they were out there somewhere and that they were alright.

Tsunade gave a small sigh and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand before she stood up and continued to walk down the hall with her head held high. “I swear, I’ll find you all. No matter what it takes.”

________________________________________________________________

The sounds of birds, people, and foreign noises slowly filled four pairs of ears as they began to stir from their scattered positions on the ground.

“W-what happened?” Sakura sat up and put a hand to her head as she tried to adjust to the bright sky light and zone out the headache she was having.

“Never mind what happened, the question is, where are we?” Sai looked around the area and could see a few swing sets past the trees that surrounded them.

Naruto, seeing the swing sets, lit up. “Hey, we must be back in Konoha!” He quickly stood up and began running toward the swings, not giving any other thing notice, not even the odd sounds filling the air.

“Naruto, be careful. We don’t know for certain where we are.” Kakashi warned as he and the others cautiously followed from behind.

“Don’t worry Kakashi-sensei.” Naruto gave an assuring laugh. “I recognize those swings from any…” The hyper ninja came to an abrupt halt and frowned as he came out into the open and saw the landscape. “…where…”

“What is this place, Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura questioned in a low voice as she looked around, past the swings and to the large buildings that surrounded the area; some were grey, and many were red-bricked buildings.

They were several stories tall, not like the ones from Konoha or anywhere else she had seen before. A steel fence separated the swings from the wide roadway that was in front of them; strange transports filled them. Large crowds of people walked to and fro along the road’s edge in clothing that neither one of them had ever seen before. They were all busy going through their everyday lives, carrying bags, children; and many, were holding up strange devices to their ears. They looked kind of like two way transmission radios that she and her team often used on their missions, but they were strangely different.