Chapter 18 - Shinobi from the Mist - Part 2

A/N: Yay, so part 2 got dished out fast! XD I'm so happy! Chapter 18 as a whole was fun to write! Hope you guys enjoy! The usual warnings of violence and language and stuff, blah, blah, blah.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moonless night, it was a pretty well-lit one with all the lights in the city; And from his usual high perch on a beam of a building that was undergoing construction, the black and white tom cat sat casually with a small yawn escaping him as he simply enjoyed the evening.

Beside him were several pails filled with paint and tools. To his left was the beginning of a partially built wall that had yet to be set with insulation or painted over. There were many areas like that on the fourteen story building—the cat being on the sixth.

It was his favorite level—high enough that he could peer down below and watch the mix of interesting people passing by, and that Bombay cat that lived directly across from the building he always resided in. She was a beauty with her shiny black coat and her yellow eyes. She was always sitting at her window to look out at this time of the evening, sometimes catching his gaze. It was just about time for her to leap up onto her window, his greenish yellow orbs waiting anxiously. He could see the blinds shake a moment, a sign that she was just about make her jump, when a giant swirl sounded, followed by several foreign objects flying past, and after a moment, two bodies appeared, crashing to the ground. During the initial surprise of it all, the cat had leapt out of his spot. He then crashed into many of the buckets of paint and small construction tools in his haste to get away, not turning to look behind him once.

The air soon grew quiet, but it was broken as the two men that had crash landed in the partially constructed building groaned. At the same moments they had risen to their hands and knees, they had turned their heads to see one another, and realization struck.

They both scrambled to their feet, one trying to gain distance while the other charged forward to attack;

“Damn Hunter! Haaaaa!” Enmu struck out, not carrying that his face was smeared with his own blood.

Ryu dodged, stepping to the side at the same moment he deflected the fist. Enmu spun with the momentum, raising his leg up and meeting Ryu in the chest with his foot. Ryu flew back, breaking through the weak wall behind him, and rolling over himself. He caught himself before he could roll the rest of the way to the edge of the open level. He balanced himself as he looked over his shoulder, with a thumb wiping at the blood on his lips, to see that not only was he up high compared to his earlier location on the island in the Genshi, but that he was in a completely alien area that appeared to be densely inhabited, what with all of the lit buildings in the night.

“Water Style: Heavy Sands!”

Ryu readied himself to dodge the attack, knowing that his movements would be slowed if he were struck by it, and also that he would go flying and falling six stories if he were to be hit dead on—but a small stream of weak water shot out from Enmu’s mouth, surprising both him and Ryu.

“What the…?” Enmu growled and formed signs for another attack. “Water Style: Barracuda Barrage!”