Chapter 6 - First Meeting

The sounds of students dressed in white uniforms and all wearing different colored belts, echoed all around the room as they continued to practice their set of stances and movements. From the front of the room, their supervisor looked on and studied them, looking for anyone that might need help. So far, they were all doing great, but that wasn’t any surprise to their teacher. She had taught this particular class for over six months now and they had all worked hard to get to the level they were at now.

Sam’s green eyes glanced down to her watch to read the time; 4:45 pm. Class was just about over and so was her work for the day. Master Ryu had left nearly two hours ago on some kind of business, and Sam had no problem watching everything on her own, in fact, she did it quite often.

Another quick glance to the corner where Saix was, and she could tell that his internal clock told him it was nearly time to go as well. He was sitting down, but often adjusted his position in an anxious manner; he was more than ready to leave.

Sam smirked to herself and stepped forward, quickly gaining her student’s attention; all twenty-five of them. They were her usual after-school group of kids that ranged in ages of twelve to seventeen. They were an equal mix of girls and boys and all got along very well. So well in fact, that often the older and more experienced ones took it upon themselves to watch over and help guide the younger ones during their sessions. Many of the young students looked up to the older ones and, to Sam’s delight, it had driven them to want to become just like their older classmates. In a sense, they were all like siblings, getting along and helping one another. She wouldn’t be too surprised if they were to do the same at their respective schools.

“How about we wrap things up a bit early today? You’ve all been doing a great job, and I’m sure it’s been a long week for everyone, so what do you say?” The response to Sam’s proposal excited everyone and gained several excited and loud replies of ’yes’ and ’alright’.

Sam chuckled at their response. “Alright. I guess I’ll see everyone on Monday at three-thirty then. Everyone have a good weekend and please,” Sam put on a scolding face, but her playful sounding words that followed didn’t match her face, “make sure you don’t leave anything in the changing rooms. Picking up after you is your parent’s job, not mine.”

Everyone nodded ,some with a chuckle or two, and they scattered afterwards, with some conversing as they left to go change. Others, stayed behind to either talk among themselves while they waited for the changing rooms to become less crowed, or to talk to Sam about improving in some way. Sam was in a small discussion with a few of her students when the door swung open and four people walked through. The loud voice that followed, gained her’s and her student’s attention.

“See, I told you there had to be someone here that’s familiar with shinobi! The sign outside totally gives it away, and look!” the loud teenage boy with blonde hair pointed to her, “I bet that lady right there can tell us.”

The other three that seemed to accompany the boy all gave looks of displeasure, or a sigh that expressed annoyance. Sam’s quick initial view of the four really confused her. They certainly did not look like anyone from around the area or from anywhere else that she knew of. Their whole attire was strange. It almost looked as if they belonged to some kind of convention somewhere, but they didn’t fit any that she cold think of. There were always those Star Wars and Star Trek fans that dressed up for conventions, and other kinds of movies and shows that fans dressed up for, but the four in front of her didn’t fit any group. A small glance to the kids she had been speaking with before told her that they too were mentally questioning where these people were from. Her thoughts of the group came to an abrupt halt when the boy from before walked towards her and began speaking again. His movements must have seemed threatening to Saix, because in a flash he was in front of both her and her students, and gave a low growl to warn the unfamiliar person to keep a distance. To add affect to his intimidating posture, the Doberman flattened his cropped ears and opened his mouth a bit to expose his sharp canines.