Chapter 12- Red Bands

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry it took so long to get this story updated! Enjoy! ^_^ Oh, and tiny warning of language, just to kindly let you know :P

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tsunade was gritting her teeth and tightening her fists at her sides as she continued to keep herself from completely blowing up and attacking someone in her anger. She was only able to do so much to keep from doing so however. With a slam of her fist on the desk, she stood up and gave a roaring order to the poor unnamed chunin that had been sent up to deliver the news of last night’s events (he had drawn the short straw in the interrogation lounge.).

“Why hadn’t I been notified sooner!?” Tsunade’s voice rang throughout the entire floor.

The fearful chunin shook and he stuttered, trying to keep himself pulled together. “Th-they thought i-it best if things were k-kept qu-quite.”

Tsunade’s eyes widened then narrowed quickly with a feral glint, hoping the messenger wasn’t speaking of whom she thought he was speaking of. “Who is they?!” She growled out.

The chunin gulped, hoping that he would survive the Slug Queen’s wrath. “The C-council of E-elders.”

The noises that followed the reply was the chunin’s surprised scream as Tsunade’s desk went crashing through the door, out into the hall, and slammed into the wall. “Get someone to call Yamato and Guy’s team back here and then I want that man’s body in an autopsy room in less than fifteen- no, five minutes, you got that?!”

“Y-yes ma’am!” The chunin fled the room (probably forever traumatized by the outburst of the Fifth.).

Tsunade couldn’t believe the nerve of the council; making decisions such as that behind her back after she had clearly stated that she would be the one to handle the entire situation herself! She had a feeling that the decision had been pushed through by a certain man with a cane. Why, just the thought of it made her want to punch through every single wall of the building. There was indeed a lot of hell to pay, but upon thinking on it more, she slowly began to calm down. If she made such a scene with the council that started rumors, then she would be at risk of losing whatever grasp she had on the whole ordeal, leaving her position open to those age-old relics. No, she had to be smart about this. No matter how long it might take to get to the bottom of it all, she needed to tread carefully; taking more, but discreet actions; hopefully faster too.

There were a few questions she had to figure out the answers for first…was Sasuke here in the village still? Not likely though as he had disposed of Kira, but if he had wanted to keep any secrets from being uncovered about the group he had been working with, then why leave the body behind? She knew that he was smart enough to at least cover his tracks, so why? Also, he must have infiltrated the village in advance in order to sneak around in the shadows, and with that said…how did he breach the village’s barrier without alerting anyone of his or his group’s presence, especially when she had the seal combinations changed all the time to avoid such breaches? Sure he could have easily copied it by watching when they did change around the barrier’s seal orders, but she made sure to never change the seals around on a predictable schedule; she changed them at random, with no pattern that could lead to be easily spied upon. All of these factors led to one possible conclusion…There was a mole.

“Dammit.” Things were very precarious around here indeed and having to watch her back and those that might stab it would be a most tiring and stressful thing to do until she could uncover the mole- or moles if the situation was as such, which she prayed wasn’t.

For now, the only thing she could do at this moment in time was call on Shizune and go inspect the body, and quickly, before anyone could tamper with it; assuming it hadn’t already been tampered with. With a deeply irritated sigh, Tsunade finally left her office, passing by her destroyed desk which was being quickly cleaned and cleared away by some of the newer, rookie chunin that had taken over as cleanup crew as Kotetsu and Izumo were still out on the hunt for information. Hopefully, they would find something soon that would help with the autopsy that she was going to perform. It would probably even save a few days of work and bring them closer to finding a way to locate and bring home Naruto and the others (preferably alive.).