Chapter 18 - On the Run

Chapter 18

On the Run

Avery walked to Nevaeh's room to see if she was ready. He saw her sitting on the edge of her bed, wrenching her hands and deep in thought. He could see the worry weighing on her and sighed at the sight. He thought it was worry from Farrin and Lazario when in fact she was thinking more about her and Vasska.

Nevaeh heard him sigh and looked up to him near the door.

"Are you ready?" Avery asked her as he walked closer.

Nevaeh took a breath in before answering. "Yea, I think so. Are you all ready?"

"Yes," he answered.

Nevaeh nodded and stood. She followed Avery to the kitchen where the rest of the guys were. They were chatting together in hushed voices looking over maps but not saying particular locations out loud.

It was time to split up. They knew were to go and where to meet back up later. The plan was to stuff some of Nevaeh's clothing and make dummy's to tie on Justin and Avery's back. Then they would cover the dummies and the real Nevaeh up with a blanket. Just in case someone was out in the woods watching. Avery would go alone West, Justin and Keagan would go North while Vasska and Nevaeh go South. Once in another state they will go to an airport, steal i.d's of someone who just landed and was leaving the airport (that closely resembled them), and then fly to the location they would all meet.

Nevaeh climbed up onto Vasska's back, wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. Vasska gripped her thighs and held on to her protectively. He loved the way her warmth soaked through to him and warmed his back and waist. To have her that close was heaven to him. Nevaeh too, loved the closeness and gladly held on to him tightly.

After a somber look to each of his friends - brothers - they took off in their designated direction. Nevaeh held on to Vasska's neck and the blanket the best she could. She could feel the speed at which he was running as the wind whipped and tore at the blanket and her body underneath it. She buried her face in Vasska's shirt while closing her eyes tightly. The sound of the wind rushing by was deafening. She wished she could cover her ears but she griped at Vasska's neck even tighter.

Eventually, the blanket flew off Nevaeh from the sheer force of the wind. She opened her eyes and raised her head only to almost fall off Vasska's back. He felt her grip begin to slip so he stopped suddenly causing Nevaeh to gasp from the sheer force of the momentum.

Vasska slowly slid Nevaeh off of his back but her legs were weak from the experience so she fell on her rear on to the soft piny forest floor.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he looked down into her eyes.

Breathless she answered while looking up into his concerned filled eyes. "Yes." She saw the longing in those eyes and secretly hoped it wasn't just her longing wish that imagined them to look like that.

Vasska held out his hand to her and she took it. "I apologize for not realizing that traveling like that can be daunting." His voice sounded so sweet and sincere.

Nevaeh wanted to kiss him so badly in that moment but refrained.

"I think we are in the clear now. I can carry you now," he swiped her up into his arms bridal style, once again taking her breath away.

Nevaeh blushed and Vasska smiled. He wanted to touch her warming pink cheeks in that moment. Instead, he allowed his self to lean down and kiss her cheek.

Nevaeh's heart sped with delight as Vasska gently kissed her cheek. Only making them blush darker. She wanted to kiss his lips but as soon as his lips left her cheek he was running with her again. She closed her eyes and rested her head against his chest. Vasska was so happy in that moment that he wished his heart still beat just so he could feel that pounding speed of happiness and desire surge throughout his body. As it was, he could feel her pounding heart during the moment and savored the thought that she was excited.