Chapter Eight - Four

Chapter Eight

Four

None of the guys talked to one another for the next two days and Nevaeh did not leave her room.

"She still hasn't come out?" Avery asked Keagan as he carried another plate of food to her room.

Keagan shook his head no. "And she isn't eating much," he frowned. He was worried. 

"Don't take her anything to drink or eat," Avery ordered.

"But Avery, she will starve," Keagan rejected with a shock expression.

"No, if she is hungry she can come to the kitchen her self," he said with a final tone.

Keagan didn't agree but he understood so he covered the dinner plate with fried chicken and vegetables and placed it into the fridge.

Nevaeh stared at the door as her stomach rumbled. She was expecting Keagan to walk in at any second with a delicious plate of food but he never did. She went to sleep hungry as she stubbornly decided she would not leave the room but in the middle of the night her hunger pains worsened.

She slowly emerged from her bedroom and quietly walked down the long dark hall towards the kitchen. She didn't hear anything and wondered if the guys were even home but did not want to find out. She peeked into the fridge and spotted the wrapped plate. As she pulled it out of the fridge she felt a sudden cool gust of air swirl around her but it wasn't until she closed the fridge that she saw a dark a figure behind her.

She quickly yelped and the plate crashed on to the floor. Her back was against the fridge door as she stared up into dark glaring eyes that moved in closer. She closed her eyes tightly. Within the same second the figure sniffed her neck and ran off as Avery, Justin and Keagan ran in to see the mess and a frightened Nevaeh.

The guys saw a stiffened Nevaeh with her eyes closed tightly and a broken plate with food scattered all over the floor.

"What happened?" Justin asked loudly.

Nevaeh opened her eyes and looked to the three guys staring at her like she was insane. She actually felt insane.

Nevaeh looked around nervously before speaking. "I got scared was all," she knelt down and began to pick up the food and broken plate.

Keagan and Justin joined her.

Avery looked around as he suspected who scared Nevaeh and when he didn't show up in the kitchen wondering what the noise was about , Avery knew who and what made Nevaeh scared. As Keagan and Justin helped Nevaeh clean up the mess, Avery sought after Vasska.

He found him in his favorite place, on top of the house, staring at the stars. "Vasska," he called as he approached.

"What?" Vasska rudely replied.

"What were you doing?" Avery sat next to him.

"I... I don't know. I sniffed her neck," he shrugged his shoulders slowly but kept his eyes on the sky.

Avery sighed, "You know you would hurt Keagan and Justin's feelings if you killed her."

"And your's?" Vasska asked finally looking to his old friend and brother.

"Yes.... and mine," Avery sighed again.

"What is wrong with us? Why this girl, out of all the thousands we have crossed paths with through out these years, has imprisoned us with her presence?" Vasska implored.

"I'm not sure Vasska but I would like to find out. Also I would like to find out why she floated and glowed when you healed her," Avery was indeed stumped.