chapter 15 ; old friend

Harry's POV

"Al-licia?"' My tongue twisted in a tight knot and the pit of my stomach clenching it physically hurts.

"How many years has it been? 2?" She hugged me in a warm embrace, like old times.

"4 actually" i hugged back tightly.

"How you've been haz?" She sat and glance at me expectantly.

Which was pretty shocking, she didn't even brought up the topic and she seems to still be comfortable around me.

"Not much" i scratch the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Where are you going?" She beamed.

"Moving, so i could be closer to dad" i explained.

"Well i actually lived here now. I came to here to visit some friend" she smiled revealing her pearly white teeth.

We kept talking, asking random questions here and there until both of our mouths were tired. My eyelids becoming heavier and heavier.

***

I woke up with alicia snuggled on my shoulder and by instinct, i kissed her forehead but then a memory flash occurred making cold sweats forming on my temple.

Flashback

"Harryy!!" She screamed as i tickled her tummy.

"SAY THAT HARRY STYLES IS BETTER THAN YOU" i demand playfully.

"NEVERR" she laughs and ended up being tickled to death.

When she finally surrenders, i stopped my actions and pulled her closer to me. Putting her on top of my chest. She must be really ticklish to be that tired from all the tickling. I watch her peaceful face and unconsciously leaned and stroke her hair off her face. The concealed feeling rising up the surface once more. I had a crush on my best friend since we were little and that grew to something bigger. All this time, i was an expert on hiding it perfectly so that i won't end this beautiful friendship i have.

"I love you al" i pecked her temple.

I thought she was asleep.
I thought she couldn't hear me.
But i thought wrong when she bolted her eyes open. Shock visible in her eyes.

"W-what did you say?"

Short but needed.
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW