Still A Monster

The Joker growled and huffed as he entered the brightly lit room. His eyes adjusted and he observed the piano and book shelves, sunlight came from the large windows. He wandered the halls aimlessly until he heard a whimper of sorts.

The plush carpet was sullied due to his shoes, he stepped softly and came closer to a door slightly ajar. Peering inside, he pushed it open slowly and noticed a lump on the bed, cacooned by comforters. He strode into the room and ripped the blanket off the figure, growling impatiently.

"Hey! Have you seen the Bat anywhere?"

Bruce shivered and covered his face,his bare body trembled pathetically. He whimpered, The Bat inside him was still asleep. In his mind, he was alone and had to face the reality of his violation.

For a moment, the Joker's eyes softened at the scene. This man had a familiar air about him. He grabbed the other's hands and held them apart, his eyes widened at the face before him.

"Batsy?" He questioned, his grip on his wrists slackened.

"Please.. Don't." Bruce whispered, his throat tight with pain. He couldn't meet the Joker in the eye.

"Don't what?" The Joker stared, fascinated and in awe by the Bat's face. All these years, he never really thought Batman was in fact a man. Though seeing him now, he found himself unable to look away.

"Don't touch me," he snatched his wrists away and a fire in his eyes made the Joker step away.

"What gives, Bats?" He frowned, slightly hurt by this reaction.

"You're a monster and you'll always be a monster! I hate you! Get away from me!" Bruce started to yell, his voice becoming an agonized growl. "I never want to see your face again!"

Stunned, the Joker stood there. He couldn't even laugh at the fact that Bruce threw a pillow at his face after his rant. Something inside him shattered, he felt this urge to dig inside his chest and rip it out. Whatever it was, it felt heavy and made his stomach churn uncomfortably. He couldn't bring himself to move.

"Joker, if you know what's good for you, you will leave and never come back!" Bruce cried, standing to his full height, ignoring the burn he felt. His muscles rippled as he flexed his hands into fists, he felt ready to pounce.

The Joker flinched as Bruce stood his ground, he licked his lips.

"I didn't even do anything to you." Blankly, he gazed up at him, his senses telling him to run. The man before him was a wounded animal, a cornered animal, ready to strike.

Bruce growled and hurled himself at the Joker, his fists already connecting with his chest and face. He punched until he saw blood and felt even more of an ache inside himself. Panting, he looked at the Joker, who didn't laugh or fight him back, who only laid there and took each hit. He grabbed his broken face and looked at him, pale green eyes gazed straight into his soul.

The Joker weezed softly through his nose, though blood flooded his entire face. He stared up into Bruce's eyes, blinking dazedly. He didn't say anything.

"Turn yourself in if you know what's good for you."

‿෴🦇෴‿

The Joker sat in his padded cell, his arms uncomfortable in the straitjacket they had waiting for him. He hit his head against the wall, the thump being the only thing to distract his mind. He only saw how Bruce looked at him, how he saw a monster.

He sighed and closed his eyes. If a monster is what he was, a monster he'll always be.

He flinched when the steel door opened, the light made him squint his eyes. When his eyes adjusted, he made out a familiar female figure. Silently, he stared and vaguely thought.

I haven't even been in here an hour.

"Heya, Mista J! I've come to rescue my handsome puddin'!" She crowed, giddy even as her face was splattered with blood. Her giant hammer was held in one arm, she grinned and strode over to the Joker.

"Oh baby, do I have a surprise for you!" She giggled, taking him and helping him out of the confining clothes.

‿෴🦇෴‿

Batman trembled at the sight of Jason, he held the other's body gently. Thankfully, he found a pulse, so he quickly started to tend to his sidekick's health. He bandaged his face, cleaning all of his wounds meticulously.

"The Joker will pay.." He mumbled,"The Joker will pay.."

On the operating table, Jason smiled behind his bandages. Even though he was in terrible pain, he felt like he couldn't be any happier.