Batman Growls

A few nights later, The Dark Knight was patrolling the city when he suddenly came across a man sitting next to a billboard.

The wind whipped his face as he glided toward the man, he landed gracefully on the thin railing surrounding the small platform. Thankfully, the billboard's lights were out, so there was no indication that Batman or the man was there.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice deep and gravelly. He stared at the man's back for a moment.

Slowly, the man turned, it was now apparent he was wearing a mask with clown make-up. He held out an envelope.

"Please, I'm just a delivery man."

Batman sized him up, standing to his full, towering height and took the envelope. He eyed the man before carefully observing the letter.

There seemed to be blood splatters and little drawn bats decorating the outside, Batman stared curiously. Never in all his years of fighting the Joker did he ever think he'd receive a letter.

Glancing at the henchmen, he slowly opened it. Slowly, because he never knows when it comes to the mad man at large. The envelope could be rigged to spray acid in his face or.. perhaps he was just being paranoid.

The scrawl on the parchment was actually kind of legible. He could see where the Joker made a mistake and scratched words or whole sentances out. It was almost endearing and he could almost smile, if he weren't in the mindset of the Bat and if the henchmen wasn't here creepily staring.

Heya Batsy!
Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? I doubt it. So, I personally invite you to a night with me.
No guns, no batarangs. Promise? You better!
Cross your heart and hope to die or I'll stick a needle in your eye!
Ooh, that sounds exhilarating. Hehehe..

Remember that warehouse on the edge of the city? Its fixing to be bulldozed in the next week or so.
Guess how I know, go on, guess.. I kidnapped the construction worker that came to scout out the area!

So, even though I don't doubt you wouldn't want to spend a night with me, I figure this'll make your "bat senses" tingle in a way I alone can't achieve. Hehe, yet.

If you're not here when sun rises, this poor family driven man will be pushed into the vat of my beautiful serum.

See ya soon, Bats..

Love, now and always,
your laughing other half ♡

Batman stared in awe at the words, he reread them just to be sure the slight smudges of pen ink weren't playing tricks on him. Was the Joker.. really flirting with him?

He eyed the goon that seemed to be stiff and nervous. With a sigh, he grunted and pressed a button on the inside of his wrist,"Need a ride?"

The henchmen didn't have a chance to answer when Batman cuffed him and threw them over the railing. The man screamed and Batman had sadistic amusement at that. They landed, not quite with grace but since the Bat had so much practice, he crouch-landed and had the criminal close enough so he didn't bust his head on the pavement.

Before the henchman could try to speak, the Bat quickly knocked him out with a swift backhand. He phoned the police to come pick up the criminal. It was out of his hands now.

The Batmobile arrived shortly, its automated system quick to find his location.  After buckling in himself, he drove the advanced vehicle through the back streets of Gotham to the awaiting destination.

His mind was everywhere all at once. This couldn't be happening, what was happening? What the hell did the Joker plan? And why did he feel so.. excited?