Chapter Sixteen: Runaway

Akane shrieked, swiping at the air. Haruhi dodged out of the way just in time to avoid being smacked in the face by Akane's hand. "Calm down, Akane!"

Akane ignored her, her entire body trembling as she stared at an empty spot in the corner. The twins took advantage of her stillness and pounced, pinning her arms to her side. "Gotcha!"

Not.  Akane easily shook them off, her eyes wild. Hikaru grunted, doubling over.

"Hikaru!" Kaoru cried. "Are you hurt?"

Hikaru managed a weak grin. "No, I'm fine. How the hell can Akane still move around when she's bruised her tailbone that bad?"

Tamaki shrugged. "Don't ask me; Kyoya's the one who's family runs a medical business."

"You're still the one in charge here. At least try to help." Kaoru replied.

Tamaki sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It doesn't look like I need to do anything. Akane's calmed down now." He nodded at Akane, who sat still as a statue on the edge of the couch, her eyes staring off into space, not seeing anything.

Haruhi slowly approached Akane. "Hey, Akane. Umm, are you okay?"

Akane spoke in a whisper. "They won't help me. They say I'm alone."

"Huh?"

"I'm alone. All alone." Akane repeated, before her eyes glazed over once more.

Mori, Honey, and Kyoya dashed up the steps and pounded on the Hayashis' front door. It was soon opened a few moments later by Mrs. Hayashi. Her eyes widened at the sight of the three boys, all breathing heavily aside from Mori.

"Why, hello Mori. Honey. Kyoya. Is something the matter? Is it Akane?"

Their faces said it all. Mrs. Hayashi nodded grimly. "I see. Come inside."

She held open the door, and the three Hosts walked inside. The home was very familiar to them, thanks to their many check ups on Akane in the past. However, it seemed quiet and lonely without Akane inhabiting it.

Mrs. Hayashi seated them around the tea table while she went to her room to fetch some papers. She soon returned, and handed Mori a packet of papers. "The Katonozukas gave these to us when we took Akane into our family. They also gave me Akane's dogtag. The Katonozuka contact information is etched into the back of that tag, if you can believe it. Unfortunately, Akane is wearing that tag right now, so I'm afraid you came here for nothing. I'm sorry to have taken up your time."

Kyoya shook his head. "No, it wasn't a waste of time. As long as we're here, may we look through these documents?"

"Of course. Go ahead."

Kyoya took some of the papers and scanned through them. Mori did the same. Neither knew what they were looking for, except for something that caught their eye.

Kyoya came across one of these eye-catching things a few minutes later. "Mori-senpai, take a look at this. It says that Akane was born into the Katonozuka family at the Katonozuka main house at the base of Mount Kaikoma! She's the daughter of Hitomi and Isane Katonozuka, and the heir and successor of the Katonozuka family line, fortune, and martial arts."

Mori's eyes furrowed. "Mount Kaikoma, huh? I have heard of an abandoned dojo there. It's the only one within a fifty mile radius of the mountain. However, they say that it's nothing more than a run down shack now. Then again, no one has been there in the past ten years, so who knows what we'll find?"

Kyoya nodded. "I know. But it's a start. I say we head there next."

The two of them looked at each other for a while, until Kyoya's phone suddenly rang, making them jump. Kyoya pulled it out and flipped it open. "Hello?"

"Kyoya?" Tamaki's voice sounded panicked.

"What is it?"

"It's Akane! She stopped breathing for a few minutes, then went out of control again! Hikaru and Kaoru can barely hold her down!"

"Oh no, Aka-chan!" Honey wailed.

In the background, they could hear something smash, followed by screams.