Chapter Twelve: The Fight at the Festival

Akane pushed her way through the crowd, and gasped. There, in an empty circle, was Waru. He had the young woman who had been onstage with Akane by the collar of her blouse.

"Where is she?" He growled. "Tell me!"

The woman struggled. "I don't know! I don't know where Miss Hayashi is!"

Akane clenched her fists. She had promised Mori that she'd stay hidden. However, Akane Hayashi was more suited for this situation that Alain Roussel was. Well. Only one thing to do.

Akane ducked behind one of the food stalls, yanked the black wig from her bag, and fastened it on her head, praying it wouldn't fall of. Just to be safe, she grabbed a ribbon and tied the wig in place. Then she took out her blue contacts, and for good measure, took off the jacket she was wearing. That way, Alain wouldn't be recognized by Waru.

She shook out the long black hair. Akane Hayashi was back, ready to kick butt. Akane sighed, hid her bag behind some crates, and ran back out into the crowd.

"Where is Akane Hayashi? Tell me, woman?" Waru demanded.

"I'm right here, you big oaf." Akane hollered.

Waru whirled, and dropped the woman. 'So, there you are, Katonozuka. You're one pesky little brat. But I've got you cornered now. Boys, she's all yours."

He stepped back, and two dozen armed gang members emerged forth from the crowd. The civilians shrank away from them in fright.

The first two men charged from opposite directions. Akane rolled her eyes. Piece of cake. She threw herself into a handstand, her legs snapping out to her sides in opposite directions as well. She landed a solid kick in each man's chest.

They fell backward, clutching their ribs. Hopefully that would leave a few nasty bruises. The crowd was murmuring in awe. They hadn't known that Akane Hayashi could do martial arts.

But that was the least of Akane's concerns. Right now, she was more focused on keeping the gangmen at bay. She launched punch after kick after swipe. Still, jeans weren't exactly easy to fight in, and she felt a little light headed and dizzy. Her vision blurred, and she stumbled, just long enough for Waru to pin her down, his foot on her chest.

Akane tried to catch her breath. "So what're you gonna do now?"

"It's obvious, right? I'm going to kill you. We've both been aware of that from the start. Good bye, Katonozuka." He aimed a pistol at her forehead.

"Aka-chan!" A voice hollered. A blur whizzed past her face, knocking the gun out of Waru's hand. The figure landed in a crouch next to her. Honey!

Akane's mouth opened in astonishment, but her breathing was getting weaker. Who knew Waru had such a heavy foot? Her head felt like it was about to explode from pressure, and she knew she was going unconscious.

Suddenly, Waru was yanked off of her. Akane gasped for air, her eyes wide. Mori had Waru in a headlock, looking down at her.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Akane couldn't say anything. Her throat felt so dry, her head hurt so bad, her vision swam. She tried to say something, but all that came from her mouth was a squeaking noise. Instead, she peeled herself from the ground and nodded.

Mori relaxed visibly. "Good."

Akane gestured at Waru. What do we do about him?

Mori sighed. "We will let you go. We are not killers like you. But do not come back." He grabbed Waru by the collar and dragged him through the crowd, before dumping him at the gate. "Leave."