Chapter Eleven: A Complicated Love

Apparently, word spread quickly in martial arts circles. The Morinozukas were well aware of Akane and her situation within two days of her meeting with the Haninozukas. She didn't know if word spreading was good or bad for her.

But that aside, she had bigger stuff to worry about. The annual music festival was taking place in Karuizawa next week, and she was even featured in the magazine Music Weekly as a guest star performer.

Akane tried to practice her piece for the festival, but it was rather hard to focus when Mori was pacing back and forth behind you, deep in thought. Akane scowled, pausing from playing for a minute. "Mori-senpai, would you please stop worrying so much? I can just put on a black wig and take out my contacts for the performance, then switch back to Alain Roussel for the rest of the festival."

Mori stopped his walking. "Even so, the few minutes of your performance might be enough for Waru to attack you. Or even worse, kill you." He went back to his pacing.

Akane sighed. "That's not gonna happen, I can promise you that."

"Oh? Why not?"

"Because last time he saw me face to face, I was covered in paint, wearing a casual shirt and jeans. I highly doubt he'd recognize me in a dress, up on stage. He doesn't even know I can play an instrument. And besides, we can always get a different colored wig and say that I dyed my hair.

"There's still a chance Waru recognized you. Your picture was in the magazine."

"Oh, come on, senpai. Since when does Waru Ban, leader of a gang, read Music Weekly? Also, I can't hide from Waru forever. I've got to face him eventually."

Mori sighed, relenting. "Fine. But be careful, Akane."

Akane smiled. "Hey, I'm always careful. Thanks, senpai." She stood up from the piano and ran out the door. "Hey! Hikaru! Kaoru! I need some help here! Do you guys happen to have any ball gowns I can borrow?"

She raced around the corner, and nearly ran into Haruhi and Tamaki. "Oh! I'm sorry. Hey, what's going on?"

Haruhi and Tamaki held a finger to their lips. "SHHH!!!" They hissed. They grabbed her by the forearms and dragged her back behind the corner.

"Hey, what's going on?" She asked angrily.

Haruhi whispered. "Shh! The twins are having an argument again, for some reason. I'm pretty sure this argument is a real one, not like last time. But if you bust in on one of their fights, they really don't appreciate it. We learned the hard way last year."

Akane swallowed. "Oh. I see." She peered around the corner, where the twins were fighting.

"You'd better stay away from her!"

"No! YOU stay away from her!"

"She obviously likes me more!"

"Who'd want you when they can have me?"

"Arrogant moron!"

"Stupid troll!"

Akane frowned. "Seems like their fighting over a girl. Who is it?"

Haruhi and Tamaki looked down at their feet. "Um, well-----"

"Well what?" She demanded.

Tamaki sighed. "Well, you see----"

"That girl-----" Haruhi mumbled.

"Is you." The two of them finished.

Akane's jaw dropped. "Excuse me? It's me?"

They nodded.

"But why me? I'm not even near pretty."

Haruhi groaned. "She's almost even more clueless and oblivious than you, senpai."