Chapter Ten: Meeting the Head of the Haninozukas

Akane was shaken awake from her sleep the next morning. She groaned. "What is it?"

Honey's face loomed into view. "We're taking you to visit our families today, Aka-chan. Or do I have to call you Alain-chan now?"

Akane groaned. "Akane will work when we're in private. And you said we're going to meet your families? Why so early?"

Mori spoke from the corner. "Less people around in early morning."

She rubbed her eyes. "True. Could you please get out now?"

Mori drew back, surprised. Tears welled in Honey's eyes. "You don't want us anymore?" He asked quietly, his bottom lip trembled.

"Don't be slly." Akane laughed. "I just need to change into something more manly than pajamas, and though I may look like a guy now, I'm still really a girl."

Relief crossed over both their faces, and they smiled before leaving through the door. Akane sat there for a long while after the door closed, before climbing out of bed and heading over to the closet. She pulled open the closet door, and yelped in shock.

Her closet had been completely emptied out and replaced with teenage boy clothing. Akane scowled, a red irk mark appearing on her forehead, and she marched out of her room. "Alright! Who cleared out my closet?" She hollered at the top of her lungs.

Quiet chuckling came from the sofa, where the twins were seated. Hikaru glanced over at her. "That would be us. But hey, you needed a wardrobe change anyway."

"After all, you are a boy now." Kaoru added.

Akane scowled deeper. "That's not the point! You could've told me before you dumped out all my other clothes!"

"But we didn't dump them out." Hikaru said.

"We just dropped them off at a local Goodwill." Kaoru corrected.

Akane exploded. "WHAT?!!! Why the hell did you just drop off my clothes there?! They were my clothes, for crap's sake! You could've just given them to my parents for safekeeping until this whole thing is over!"

A look of realization dawned over the twins. "Oh yeah! We could've done that, too. Oh well, too late now."

Akane groaned. "Fine. But just remember: when this whole thing blows over, you two owe me seven t-shirts, three sweaters, a jacket, and five pairs of jeans." She stomped back into her room.

Akane flung open the closet again, scowling at her new clothes. In the end, she decided on jeans, a yellow shirt, and a grey pullover. 

She scanned herself over before heading out the door. "Sorry it's a bit casual, but I'm not good with boys clothing."

Mori shrugged. "No matter. Let's go."

She followed Mori and Honey out to the waiting car. "Haninozuka dojo." Mori told the driver as they got in.

"Yes sir." The car screeched off, leaving a cloud of dust behind it.

Akane stared out the window the entire ride to the dojo, twisting her short, light brown hair between her fingers absentmindedly. Thankfully, Mori and Honey acknowledged her privacy and space, and avoided starting any conversations with her.

Akane rubbed her eyes, irritated with the blue contacts she had to wear. Thankfully, the contacts also operated as normal contacts, so at least she got some benefit out of the whole thing.

Twenty minutes later, the car raced through the country side and pulled up in front of the Haninozuka dojo. A tall white wall separated the dojo from the rest of the world, and Akane could see the tops of trees poking from behind the wall.