Chapter Thirteen: Love In The Airport

*McKenna's POV* 

The next few weeks were perfect. Louis and I went on a few dates, including one when he brought me to a water park he rented out. It was incredible. I still don't know how I feel about him. I mean, I really like Louis. He's perfect. But that's the problem. He's so perfect and I'm so... not.

"Hey McKenna?" I turned around and raised my eyebrows, telling him to continue.

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah. What's up Lou?" He shuffled to the edge of my bed and sat down. I noticed he wasn't looking me in the eyes like he normally does when we talk.

"Lou, what's wrong?" He looked up into my eyes. I would've taken a step back if I hadn't been sitting down, his gaze was that intense. I crawled over the duvet and sat next to him. He looks down and mumbled something incoherent.

"What?"

"I'm leaving." I looked down to my lap.

"When and where?"

"America. Our tour kicks off tomorrow. I'm leaving tonight."

"Oh." Was all I managed to croak out. He put his finger under my chin and lifted up my face so that I was staring into his eyes.

"McKenna, we will figure this out."

"What's there to figure out? You're gonna go to America and have your tour, forget about me and fall in love with someone else, and live happily ever after. It's fine, just do you." He looked shocked.

"How could you say that? I would never ever forget about you. You are the funniest, sweetest, most caring person I know. You are beautiful, talented, and everything I could ever hope for and more. I would never forget about you and I certainly wouldn't find someone else. My heart's already taken by someone else." I looked down at my lap again. I was blushing hardcore and I did not want Louis to see. But judging by the chuckle that erupted from him, I could tell he could see it. That only made me blush more.

"And besides, we still have all today. I'm not leaving until 5. So come on! Get dressed, I have a lot planned for us."

"But Lou, it's like 5 o'clock in the morning!"

"No arguing!" He picked me up and basically threw me into my closet. I sent him a playful glare before turning to my clothes.

"Louis! What do I wear?"

"SOMETHING COMFORTABLE. BUT BRING SOMETHING FANCY TOO!"

"Where are we going and WHY ARE YOU YELLING?"

"IT'S A SURPRISE AND YOU'RE A HYPOCRIT!" I laughed and turned back to my closet. I quickly picked out a blue crop top with a silver anchor on it and a pair of white shorts. When I came out, Louis grabbed my hand and pulled me out to the elevator.

"What about the others?"

"Niall is going to visit an old friend, Harry is going to his moms, and Liam and Zayn are going out with Perrie and Danielle. But right now they're still sleeping. It is stupidly early now." I smiled as we walked onto the street. I started to walk down the street, but Louis pulled me back and towards his car.

"We're driving?! We never drive anywhere!" He laughed and opened the car door for me. I climbed in and he shut the door and jogged around the front of the car to get into the drivers side. Once he got in he turned to me.

"Well, we're going pretty far away, so I doubt you'd want to walk there." I smiled and looked out the window.

We had been driving for an hour. We were well outside the city by now. I stared out the window, taking in my surroundings. All I saw were fields. I started to get antsy. My leg wouldn't stop shaking. Louis smiled and put his hand on my knee. My leg immediately halted upon his touch, feeling sparks shoot through my body. He started rubbing small circles on my knee with his thumb. I began to calm down, slowly getting used to the electricity coursing through my body.