Chapter Ten: Love?

*Louis' POV*

I felt McKenna shift on top of me, trying to get out of my grip. I tighten my arm around her waist, pushing her back into my chest. "Louis." she whines, but her face is against my chest, so it comes out muffled. "Mmpghs" I say, mimicking her. She picks up her head and sticks out her tongue, a gesture of which I amusedly return.

"Just five more minutes, Love." She smiles and nuzzles her face into my neck as I bury mine in her hair. It smells like vanilla. I smile. I could get used to waking up like this.

"Louis?"

"Hmm?" She heaved a heavy sigh and I looked down at her, concerned.

"What's wrong love?"

"Do you think they're memories? Do you think my father, did those things to me?" I took a piece of hair that had fallen into her face and pushed it behind her ears.

"There's only one way to find out." I said. She looked at me confused. I picked up her cell phone and dialled Anika's number. "Hello?" She picked up after the third ring.

"Hey, it's Louis. McKenna keeps having these nightmares, and I was wondering if they were memories or not."

"Are they about her father?" I'm shocked at that question.

"Yeah, they are. I take it they are memories." She replied with telling me everything about what her father did to her, ending with him killing her mother and taking his own life. I looked over at the girl who was absentmindedly drawing shapes on my torso, waiting for an answer. "Wow" is all I can say before she tells me she has to go. I hang up the phone and McKenna looks up at me expectantly.

"So? Are they memories?"

"Uh, yeah. Unfortunately, they are. But there's more to it that you still don't know." She urges me to continue and I tell her about her mother. I expect her to be crying, but her expression is blank.

"Are you okay?"

"Yep. I don't remember her, so I don't feel anything. I want to, but I just can't." I nodded, completely understanding.

"So wait, I'm not a virgin anymore because of my own father?" I nodded weakly.

"Oh" she squeaked out and ran to the loo. I knocked on the door and opened it, knowing full well she wasn't using it. "McKenna?" She looked up from her spot on the ground and my heart broke. She had tears down her face, her eyes were red and puffy, but the worst part was what she was saying.

"I feel so dirty. No guy will ever like me if they know my past. I'm such a slut." I couldn't hear it anymore. I fell to my knees and pulled her into my chest.

"Stop it. You are NOT a slut. How could you say that? You did nothing wrong, he was the one who took advantage of your innocence. This is in no way a reflection on you. Knowing this makes me realize you are ten times stronger than I thought you were. And as for guys not liking you because they know your past is wrong-" She looked up at me with teary eyes. "because I know about your past, and if anything, it made me like you more."

*McKenna's POV*

After Louis told me he liked me, I immediately felt better. I got up off the ground and took a shower. I made my way to my closet with a towel wrapped around my body. Louis poked his head in the room.

"Wear something comfortable. We're doing active things today." Before I could even respond, he disappeared back down the hallway. I sighed and picked out an outfit for me to wear. I pulled on the blue plaid vest top and my cut off shorts. I painted my nails quickly a light blue and slipped on my light blue vans. I grabbed my RayBans and walked out to meet the boys.