Chapter Eighteen: Surprise

*McKenna's POV*

9 hours and 45 minutes. I have to sit on a stupid plane for 9 hours and 45 minutes. Whatever, it'll all be worth it when I see Louis. I got discharged from the hospital yesterday morning and Ed drove me home. I immediately started packing all my stuff. I'm not sure how long I'll be staying with them so I just packed everything I have in a huge suitcase. I left an outfit out for tomorrow morning and put my suitcase by the door, along with my carry on. I made some tea and flicked through the channels.

Suddenly, the sound of my laptop beeping caught my attention. Absentmindedly, I opened it, still staring at the screen deciding what to watch. I squealed and jumped up, starting to dance when I noticed The Hunger Games was on in one minute, considering it was 7:59 and it was plaing at 8.

When I heard chuckling from the couch, I turned around so fast that I fell to the floor. That just caused more laughter to emit from the couch.

Cautiously, I peered over the coffee table, still unaware of who was in my apartment, how they got in, and why they were laughing. That's when I noticed there was nobody there, yet the laughter was still continuing. I was honestly really confused, considering the only thing on the couch was my laptop. My laptop!

I army crawled over to the couch. The laughter was definitely coming out of here, but all I saw was the picture of me and Louis that was my homescreen. I smiled at the picture. It was the day he and the boys took me to the go kart place. We had snapped the picture right outside the sign. I was smiling at the camera, my hair was blowing back off my face. I actually looked good for once.

Louis was supposed to be smiling at the camera too, but at the last second he turned his head and kissed my cheek. I loved that picture, so I made it my desktop background. So this picture stared back at me, yet the laughter kept getting louder.

To say I was confused and slightly terrified was an understatement. Whoever this was was watching me and laughing at my confusion.

Finally, I noticed at the bottom of my screen there was a window open. I slowly clicked on it and Louis' face appeared on the screen. He was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to calm down. when he finally did, he wiped the tears from his face.

"Hey."

"How did you start a video call with me without me accepting it?"

"I had Ed set it to autoaccept, duh."

"Okay sush. The Hunger Games is starting."

"OH LET ME WATCH IT WITH YOU!!!!!!!!" He screamed. I turned the computer towards the screen and we watched in peace. When it was over, we talked for an hour until I told him that I was tired and needed to sleep.

When I told him that he couldn't stay online and watch me fall asleep, a look of hurt crossed over his face. I felt bad, but I couldn't let him know that I was going to visit him tomorrow. He would get suspicious if I woke up at four in the morning and left. I quickly exited out of our video call before taking a quick shower and getting into bed.

~*~

My alarm went off at 3:30 that morning. I got out of bed, brushed my teeth and my hair, got into my outfit for the plane ride, which consisted of patterned leggings, a black off the shoulder t-shirt with gold accents around the neck, a pair of black TOMS, and a black bracelet, and went through my mental checklist.

Clothes? Check. Shoes? Check. Toiletries? Check. Laptop? Check. Phone, headphones and charger? Check. Bras and underwears? Check. Passport and ticket? Double check. Okay. I was ready.

I went downstairs to the lobby and said goodbye to Adam, the front desk guy and got into my light blue minicooper before heading to the airport. By the time I arrived at the airport, it was 5 o'clock. My flight was at 5:45. Okay, so I was late. Sue me.