Vomit

It was Saturday and I had a date with Luke from my Art class.

I slipped on my dress and looked the best way possible. My hair in its familiar braid and my make-up natural and simple. My dress was ruffled and stopped right at my knee while my wedges where thick.

I was pleased with what I saw so I grabbed the my clutch and exited the ebony brown door.

"Angel". He was getting out the car putting his arm around my shoulders. The places he touched began to burn and I felt more then uneasy, it was.like his hands around me were disintegrating. I shrugged back. The pain left safely and he was confused as I was.

"Sorry, I just, don't want to get close" 

"Ahh, I see" "Well" he chuckled "I'll go slow".

***

The date went better then I had planned. We were at the park and he stopped me and lingered into my sharp eyes. "Angel, you're so beautiful tonight, may I just-".

I stiffend as he maneuvered closer to me. "Luke, don't-".

He shifted quick and his lips meet mine. I burned where he touched. I wanted to move to say it hurts. But I was lost for words as the hot iron started scorching my throat. It felt as if hot lava was poured down my it.

And right when he pulled away. I did it. I threw up. And once again my stomach churned and I didn't know if I was dieing or slowly lossing the world around me. But I threw up. Not like plain threw up, I mean threw up. As If I had so much to give away.

I heaved somewhat and it wasn't moments until Luke had his hands on my back. He circled my spine trying to soothe me.

I gained the strength to stand up straight and when I did all I could do was give Luke my earnest apology.

"No, I'm sorry".

"You told me not to". "I'm in the wrong".

I gave him a light smile.

"Uh, take me home-please". I asked with marble eyes.

He did as I asked.

And all the while all I could think about was me. What was wrong with me? Was I this attached? Certainly not, so why couldn't I enjoy life's absences.

I shook my head.

I admired Luke. He was firm, his eyes brown, and his hair bronze. I loved Luke, as a.. He was the perfect friend, and he was a great guy to fill that void that burned in my heart. I needed something there. And even though my heart was decaying and I felt lifeless...it worked.

"I haven't been completely honest with you". We were in my driveway and his eyes were black.

"Cole we are just friends, I'm not expecting you to be".

"Yea. I know,but-." His voice trailed off.

"If I plan on being anything more you have to know."

I left his eyes and roamed my house. I smelt fear and I couldn't help but notices the mood change in my houses alley.

I meet him again. And he held my hand. It was warm in mine but that I didn't seem to mind.

"Angel for a long time I've been this way. For thousand of years my kind has roamed through this land."

My angel ears twitched. What was that? Arguing?

"Angelina I'm a-".

"Angelina!" called my mother "oh Angelina". She was at the car. Looking over me as if I had been lost.