Adorn Me

I've often wondered what it would be like to be on the inside looking out, instead of always on the outside looking in. Are those people even aware of how great their lives are? Do they relish in the fact that everything in life comes easy for them? Or are they totally oblivious? These were actual thoughts that ran through my head as I watched Mona Harrington walk over, side step me and introduce herself to my date.Ok,escort. I was pretty sure my mouth was wide open at her gesture.

           As bad as I wanted to hit her. Call her names. Shoo her. And even say "Excuse me bitch,he's mine," all I managed to do was fix my hair. I guess my thoughts took over me because then all I heard was "Sure, I'd love to," while Alex grabbed her hand and walked away.

        You'd think I'd be belligerent, maybe even a tad upset, but lets face it. I lost my date to Mona Harrington the Mona Harrington. The same girl whose dad owned like a thousand Walmart's. And whose mother was like BFF's with Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba . I was a lost cause. I wouldn't humiliate myself for her satisfaction.

         So me being me,I gave her a bitter weak smile as she flipped her gorgeous hair towards me. I saw her introduce Alex to all her rich friends. Mike Sharp, Regina Palmer, Sabrina Sims, oh and my favorite Cole Price.

      What a bunch of arrogant,rich bitches. And Cole was the worst of them all.Everywhere I went his face was plastered somewhere. If it wasn't the TV it was a magazine. I hated his rich guts. You'd think I'd worship the ground he walked on. Believe some girls did. But his flawless hair and bad boy charms didn't cut it for me. He was a walking STD in my mind.

       He was a jerk. Just like my mother told me his father was. Smirking at their clique I grabbed my coffee and headed out the door. Turning the keys in my car. I pulled of and headed towards home.

          It was obvious that Mona had her checklist revolved around me. If she wasn't taking my dates, then she was complaining about how much of a loser I was. We were friends, no seriously. I used to be her only friend at that. But somehow,after everything bottled up and we entered freshman year, she turned. Sure, I admit I was wrong, I dated her crush and I was "that girl" that everyone drooled over. But somehow we traded places and Mona hasn't missed a chance to ruin my life.

           Groaning I turned the steering wheel.My name is Angelina Bright. I have black hair that meets my butt, curves in all the right space and places,and a descent face to finish it off. I'm no bragger or show-the-word-what-I-got-type-of-girl. I'm just not shabby,like most girls in these books.But when it comes to those rich baboons, I'm nothing. 

     You'd think I was lieing if I told you I could be Megan's twin and Mona could be Kim's but I'm not. I'm more, then serious. Anyways, I'm pretty much the average teen. Well, let me rephrase that because that depends on what you say an average teen is. If it's the ones who go out, drink, party and get arrested at the age of 17 then, sadly that's not me. But, if it's the ones who eat bagles and drink coffe at Starbucks, study last minute for exams, and dress like the girls from 'iCarly' then, ding ding ding that's me.

        Well mostly me for the most part. The truth is. My name isn't Angelina because my mom and dad liked it or because I borrowed it from a great great great grandma. I was named Angelina because well, long story short I am an angel. No seriously. I hate demons, my best friend is a vampire. Oh,and Supernatural things are basically inscribed in my life story. Oh goody.But since we just meey let's save the bullshit for later. I wasn't to thrilled when I found out either.

          I guess the good part of being me is. Well. Hmmm. Angel's control over fire and light,healing, Chronokinesis, Pyrokinesis, being able to sense "darkness" Telekinesis,Telepotation,Sedation, Stamina and a bunch more I won't name because, that'd take forever.