Chapter Eight - Some Things Are Difficult

Chapter Eight

~Miracle~

No.

They weren't going to kill Jaxon. I am not going to let them kill him.

He was innocent and so obedient.

He was doing a good thing by stopping Robert.

I honestly didn't know what was wrong with Robert and why he was so evil. He was a villain.

"No," I screamed as loud as I could from up the steps and all their heads turned toward me. They looked for a second but continued dragging Jaxon away.

You could hear Jaxon crying and it just hurt me so much that I don't know why.

I stumbled down the steps.

"Robert, get the Luna," Collin commanded then immediately I felt Robert's arm around me from the back then I felt weak again. What did he have?

Robert was still very much in his boxers behind me and he was soo close I could feel his heart beat. Weird, right?

"No," I kept repeating weakly. I wondered if this is how humans feel all the time. Weak.

"Somebody help!" Jaxon cried. He sounded like a baby crying instead of being the age he is.

Sadness rushed over me. My heart ached for Jaxon thinking he was going to die. My heart ached for Emanuel, I wished he was okay and that I didn't suck enough blood to kill him.

This was all my fault. All of a sudden, Robert let go.

I chased after them and I could feel the adrenaline pulsing through me as I pounced and lashed out at every single one of them.

They were all either knocked out or on the floor groaning. I swiftly grabbed Jaxon's wrist and dragged him out the doors of the pack house and into the woods.

*

"Please stop crying," I begged Jaxon.

We were in the woods and Jaxon was just balling his eyes out.

"I can't," He said."Their going to find us, and kill me because Robert said so and for kidnapping the future Luna."

"You never kidnapped me," I protested.

"That's what Robert is gonna tell 'em," Jaxon pointed out."And they'll listen like the idiots they are." He growled."Some Beta."

"Jaxon, I promise you, nothing will happen to you," I assured him.

He continued sobbing though because he probably didn't believe me.

"Its going to be okay," I repeated.

"I'm already the runt of the pack," He admitted."Now this is just..."

I was sitting across from Jaxon but now I stood up and sat next to him. I placed a hand on his shoulder and said,"Jaxon, nothing is going to happen to you."

"No, but it seems like Robert has it out for both of us," Jaxon pointed out."If he takes me out then your next."

I gulped, he was right. Robert lusted after me but at the same time, it seemed like he hated me too.

I didn't understand people because I haven't been around too many for that long, besides my parents and they were very strange indeed.

They never had people over to our little house in the woods.

So I never knew anyone else except the people I read about in my novels. That's all I could do, read.

I needed to get Jaxon some clothes because I was pretty sure sitting on the woods ground in your boxers isn't sanitary.

"I don't care, I just want you to come out safe," I said, swallowing my rising fear. I might have been brave but I didn't want to die. I knew I couldn't let anything happen to Jaxon though because this was my fault.

"Are you kidding, this isn't your fault," He growled."Its Robert's fault. He was always evil and no one ever seemed to notice." His eyes got really sad."But me."

"I wish I knew where my parents were," He sighed. I quickly looked at him.

"I don't know where my parents are either," I said."What happened to your parents?"

He shrugged and sighed,"Gone." He sighed again."Disappeared."

"Mines too," I admitted.

"Strange," He chuckled, darkly."What a small world."

"Yeah..." I started to think about my parents. My mom's blonde hair, like mine. My dad's dark hair. Their smiles and faces.

They were there, with me, in my heart and they'll always be there but I was selfish and I wanted to see them in real life.

I was scared they were dead our alone our hurt. I wanted to be hugged by my parents as if I was a little girl again.

I wanted my mom to kiss my forehead before I go to bed or my dad picking me up and spinning me around.

Unexpected tears fell from my eyes and just kept falling even though I wanted to stop tearing up.

"Everything's going to okay," Jaxon said all of a sudden wrapping his arms around me.

"How do you know," I sobbed.

He chuckled,"A friend told me."

He just hugged me until the sun went down and we were caught.

"Their right here!" Colin announced.

Vampires and werewolves can see in the dark and I saw Emanuel come into view.

"What the hell?" He asked angrily.

If there's one thing you shouldn't do is to be caught hugging a possessive Alpha's mate in nothing but your underwear.

That was Jaxon's mistake.

__________________________________________

A/N- Happy? Emanuel's Okay!

Comment vote and fan! So I can continued this story :) Love you guys. Thanks for the support! You guys are super.