Chapter Three - Maybe You Can Catch Me....

Chapter Three

~Miracle~

The pack of wolves still haven't gotten tired. They have been chasing me for hours and I can't seem to take it anymore. My lungs are going to explode. I haven't slept, I haven't eaten. I haven't rested, so the only thing for me to do was to collapse.

I fell with a thud. I couldn't take it anymore. The loud thuds of the wolves paws hitting against the ground was unbearable for me. I heard thud after thud. I closed my eyes and awaited my death.

___________________________________________________________________________

I gathered myself and discovered I was on a hard floor. I mean, it was very uncomfortable.

I couldn't remember right away but the memories eventually started pouring in. My head started hurting. I was so hungry, so tired.

I never passed out but I was faintly aware of what was happening around me. I forced myself to stay awake.

"What do you mean she smells diffrent, Jaxon?" A voice boomed. I got scared and I usually don't get scared. They could kill me right now.

"S-she sort of s-smells mixed," Jaxon stuttered.

"I don't think we should kill her, Alpha," I heard a deep voice say. I recognized his voice as Colin, the Beta.

I didn't want to die. I wasn't expecting the tears that fell down my cheeks.

Their heavy footsteps got closer and closer until they were infront of my cell.

The Alpha was taller than all of them. He had blue eyes and blonde hair that fell in front of his eyes. He had a sculpted body and chiseled features of his face.

I knew he was Alpha because he screamed authority. The rest of them cowered.

There were two others I didn't recognize but I know I must have seen them before.

The Alpha had a strange look in his eyes when his gaze settled on me. His face turned angrier.

"What is she doing in THERE!" The Alpha growled. The others seemed to hop back some space. My heart skipped a beat at his tone. He wanted me dead?

I don't remember ever being so scared before so I started babbling,"I'll leave you territory if you let me go. I promise, I was leaving anyways. I won't come back, please."

There was stuff I wanted to do. Not much but I wanted to find out where my parents are. I wanted to know what it was like living in the human world. That kind of stuff.

"W-well uh Colin said lock her up," Jaxon stammered. It didn't make sense how pack members could be this scared of their Alpha. How do they cooperate?

"Get her out!" The Alpha screamed with authority.

Colin was the quickest one to do so.He shuffled for his key. His basketball shorts had pockets.

Colin opened up the cell in seconds even though he was shaking badly.

I was so confused about what was happening because he looked mad at them and he seemed like he didn't want me in a cell although I didn't know him.

I was on the floor, by the wall farthest from the cell door. The Alpha stepped in the cell.

"Please!" I begged. I thought he was going to kill me right then and there.

"I'm not going to hurt you," He assured me, sounding offended that I would think he would do such a thing. He crouched down infront of me."Mate."

My heart tightened and then I fainted.

_________________________________________

I woke up on a soft bed. My head hurt for some reason and then I got scared about the unfamiliar scene.

"Careful," A familiar voice cautioned. His voice as soft as silk.

I started remembering everything.

"I-I can't," I stuttered. He was standing next to the bed but when I said that he got on his knees beside the bed.

"Can't what?" He asked.

"I-I," I couldn't finish. What was I supposed to say? That I couldn't be his mate?

He cupped my cheek in his warm hand. It startled me by the suddeness.

"Just say it," He whisper begged.

"Nothing," I sighed. I couldn't tell him that I was a hybrid. I just couldn't. Hybrids get killed and my mom and dad never told me why.

That is why they said I smell diffrent. People obey their rules and don't make hybrids. They probably have never met one.

Vampires don't like werewolves and werewolves aren't very fond of vampires. Vampires are diffrent from werewolves but they both age at the same pace.

Vampires are not immortal. I'm nineteen because I look like I'm nineteen but in reality I'm well over fifty.

It doesn't make sense I know but in time it starts to.

He growled because I didn't tell him anything.

"My name is Emanuel," He said, through clenched teeth, trying to contain his anger."What's yours?"

I didn't know what say for a second.

"M-m-m," I stuttered like an idiot. Emanuel leaned closer waiting for me to say it.

"Miracle," I breathed out, finally.

"Are you telling me the truth?" He asked, leaning closer. He grabbed my wrist before I knew what he was doing. He was trying to see if my heart beats faster."You don't seem to want to share your name with me."

"Yes," I said, calmly."My name is Miracle."

A man who looked young but I knew must have had some age on him came in just then. He looked a lot like Emanuel.

"Is this her?" He asked.