Chapter One - Rain Heals Pain

Chapter One

~Miracle~

I hear the pitter patter of the rain, lean my head back against the branch and close my eyes, I liked the smell of rain.

I inhaled the smell deeply and then exhaled. It made me feel like I was on top of the world for some unknown reason I couldn't explain.

I was getting wet from the rain but I didn't even care. It didn't matter to me.

I was comfortably seated on a branch with my back to the tree. My scent would be hidden by the rain so it was always my best friend. I wouldn't be caught, not today.

Atleast I would be alive for another day.

Sometimes I think to myself, is this really worth it? Is this worth being alone all this time for all these years.

Was this life really worth living? On the run from werewolves AND vampires.

Your probably wondering what I've done that was so bad that I have been hiding for years.

The reason is living.

My parents had a forbidden relationship and I'm the product. I'm a hybrid of werewolf and vampire.

On my twelth birthday my parents had to mysteriously leave me. They left me a note saying that they loved me but can't stay with me because it's too dangerous for me.

They left me money, they left me clothes and a stupid backpack to put it all. They didn't bother packing food, they knew I preferred blood.

All my life, I have always drank animal blood. I never once tried human blood. My parents always wanted for me to eat real human food but it always tasted bland in my mouth.

I couldn't drink anything now. It was raining and that is too loud for me to hear the stomping of animal feet. I couldn't smell them either because the rain was creeping into all my senses.

I wanted to sleep. Vampires don't sleep but I'm half vampire so I do. I couldn't sleep now though. I needed to rent an apartment to sleep because I couldn't sleep in the wide open, I would never let my guard down like that. No, I've been alone too long to not know these simple rules and precautions.

My name is Miracle. Can you guess why? I was a little miracle because I've managed to stay alive. My parents thought that either werewolves or the vampires would kill her before I was born so when she have birth to me, she was so glad she named me, Miracle.

The things that bug me is that I don't know where my parents actually are. I don't know if their dead or alive.

I'm nineteen now and I've been nineteen for a while. I don't even have a friend. Never had, and probably never will. I was pretty lonely.

The thing about my parents is that they were in love. My dad is a werewolf and my mom is a vampire.

They are soulmates. Werewolves have this thing where you find your soulmate, you know, mark them and other stuff.

The point is they couldn't keep away from eachother. They ran away together, they were kind of like Romeo & Juliet except for the suicides but who knows what could have happened to them, it could've ended like that.

I've made it this far on my own but it was just pointless. What was the point, I haven't seen them in years. I haven't made a friend and I can't.

I should've lead a normal life. I had a fake ID and fake info from someone. I could've went to school or something.

I don't sleep as often as humans and I haven't slept in a couple days so I was dead tired.

I hopped off the tree and began walking in the rain. I wasn't completely sure where I was so I began following vague smells of gas.

Where there is gas, there's cars, and where there's cars, there's a road.

I began running, a jog really.

These woods were so unfamiliar to me because it was the first time I visited these woods.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw people. Werewolves, to be specific. Their strong smell was hard to miss, even in the rain. They were just a few meters away.

When I looked behind me there were more. They were all half naked in basketball shorts.

"Who are YOU?" A blonde one asked, which I guessed was a Beta.

"More specifically, what are you?" The dark haired one next to him asked, sniffing my unusual scent.

___________

A/N-

I hope this wasn't bad to you guys but I hope it gets the point across.

Comment, Vote, Or Fan. You can tell me what you think and I won't curse you out :)

I need comments, votes and stuff to continue the story so please do so.