[pt.1] The Beauty and The Warrior

Part 1

[Lunalea POV]

My life began when Lord Raphael found me. He woke me from a terrifying nightmare, where I was surrounded by dozens of burned carcasses. I remembered nothing but red and black before Lord Raphael stood before me. His silvery hair was shining bright in the moonlight, so was his armor. But the thing about him that shone most brightly was his smile.

“Are you alright, young lady?” he asked me, gently rendering his hand to me. His voice was beautiful and melodic, soothing and calming. Before I even realized it, my hand had already reached out to take his.

Lord Raphael took me to the castle. I quickly learned that he was an important person, noticing that almost everyone bowed before him, addressing him politely (sometimes over-politely). First of all Lord Raphael took me to the infimary, he made sure that my wounds were tended, that I got to clean myself, got some clean clothes and some food, then he brought me to a big room where I could rest.

When he knew that I had lost my memory and I didn’t even remember my name, Lord Raphael gave me one: Lunalea. Because, he told me, it was fullmoon when he found me. If it’s not for the fullmoon, he wouldn’t be able to notice that I was still alive amongst all those corpses.

It only took me one day to recover my physical injuries. The woman in the infirmary told me that I had the gift of healing and that I had some raw magic power within me. She also told me that she could train me to be a healer and taught me how to use my power. I accepted her offer.

[Mikael POV]

Our kingdom was at war with the demons. Hundreds of years ago they raised from the underworld and began to invade our world. So many people died. The demons attacked villages at first, turning them into their bases. Then they started attacking towns. My father, mother, brother and sister were slaughtered during one of their raids. A few remaining survivors including me fled to the castle. The castle was actually a massive stronghold, the one place the demons hadn’t dared to attack. In the castle, I was trained to be a warrior. I practiced day and night, I turned my hatred towards the demons into my energy, my power. I swore I would kill as many demons as I could and drive them back to once they came, the underworld.

It was ten years ago. During that time, I couldn’t count anymore how many battles I had engaged, how many victories I had claimed. Before I knew it I had stood amongst the four great generals. And I had my own palace on the south side of the castle.

That day I had just come back from a battle, exhausted and pissed. I went straight to Raphael’s palace, still wearing full armor stained by blood everywhere; the blood of the demons and my fallen comrades. In my left hand I carried something I wanna show Raphael: a demon’s head. He was a great warrior, but he was also the head of research department and a chief healer. He would certainly be able to make use of my little souvenir.

When I arrived in front of the door leading to Raphael’s working chamber and was about to open it, the door suddenly flung open from the inside, revealing the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She had a pair of dazzling dark blue eyes and cherry red lips. Her straight black hair was neatly tied on her back, accentuating her long neck. When she saw me she gasped in horror, shocked by my bloody appearance. Then she quickly bowed down saying “forgive me” and “excuse me” before she hurriedly walked pass me.

I was still standing, mesmerized, when Raphael called me and asked me to come in. I quickly brushed off the girl’s image from my thought. What a distraction.

“Back from a battle?” Raphael greeted me. He sat in a chair in front of a long table full of experiment instruments. “You have something for me, I guess?”

I nodded and put down the demon’s head on the table. Raphael wore his spectacles and carefully examined the head. “that bastard and some of his friends shape-shifted into trees.” I told him, “they ambushed my troops when we’re passing the woods. I lost two of my best generals.”

“is that so..” Raphael seemed interested. This was the first time we knew about demons who could shape-shift. He turned his head towards me again. “thank you for your information, Mikael. And I’m terribly sorry for your losses.”

I just nodded my head again. Casualties in war were inevitable. “I’ll go now.” I turned around and walked back towards the door. I could hear Raphael told me to have a good rest before I shut the door. But I wouldn’t be doing that. I was too angry to get some rest. I knew I would spend tonight slashing straw dummies on the training ground.

[Lunalea POV]

That was quite a shock! It’s been four months since I’ve become a fully-trained healer, but never before I’d seen so much blood. I felt stupid when I was back in my room, I should have asked that man whether or not he’s injured. ‘What kind of healer I am!’ I snapped myself.

That man..I thought I knew who he was. I’d heard about him; fiery red toussled hair, black eyes, tall and strong figure..he must be Lord Mikael, one of the four great generals—supposedly the strongest one. The maids and female healers were talking about him all the time. There’s actually a fierce competition amongst the maids about who should serve in Lord Mikael’s palace. The female healers weren’t so lucky, because he almost never came to the infirmary. It’s not like he’s never injured; he’s just too arrogant to have medical treatment unless he’s bleeding to death. It’s also his arrogancy which made him refuse to be placed a protection ward. Well, I thought that was a bit selfish of him. He should value his life more; this kingdom would suffer a big loss if he’s gone.

Ah, enough about him. I doubted I would meet him again anyway. I should have some rest now, it’s been quite a day.

[Mikael POV]

It’s nearly dawn when I left the training ground and headed back to my chamber, sweats covering all of my body. I still hadn’t got enough. I needed to fight more, I needed to kill more demons. I had no time to rest.

“You’re finally back, Mika. I’m bored to death waiting for you.” A female voice greeted me as soon as I entered my chamber.

I frowned in disapproval when I saw who was already in my bed, plain naked. Gabriel. One of a few female warriors in this kingdom. She was also, amazingly, one of the four great generals. And from the beginning she had made it clear that she wanted to sleep with me, or to be precise, she wanted to have a child from me; a strong, powerful child, the outspring of two great generals. So far she hadn’t succeeded, and her patience was running out.

“Should I put guards on my door?” I said sarcastically, walking over to a table with a stone basin full of cold water on it. I splashed some water on to my face.

Gabriel chuckled. “You know that cannot stop me.” She replied. I heard some rustles, muffled footsteps, and the next thing I knew, she’d already stood behind me. My body went stiff when she wrapped her arms around my naked torso, resting her head on my back. Her wavy blond hair tickled. “Just give up already..” she whispered sweetly, “You won’t lose anything.”

‘Yes, I will’ I thought bitterly, ‘My pride’. She wanted to use me, and I hated it. I pulled myself from her and stepped away. Then I turned to face her. I wanted her to know that she couldn’t intimidate me, or seduce me, with her body. “Get out.” I said coldly, “And stay out.” She glared at me. I glared back. ‘I won’t lose to this woman.’

“Fine!” she retorted, “But you will succumb to me finally.” Gabriel turned around and walked away angrily, slamming the door after her.

I sighed. I couldn’t stay here much longer. As soon as the dawn broke, I would be out to the battlefield once more.

<that’s it for the first part. I hope you enjoy it. Please review and tell me whether or not you like it. thanks for reading...>