Chapter 16

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 16

As I was making the transfer of these chapters. Chapter 16 didn't save so it's lost. The only scene I can remember is the one that I have just wrote below. I apologize for that; So for now it will just be that one scene, and I'll come back to try to recreate the chapter.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

~Chanelle P.O.V.~
~October 15~

I woke up bright and early because of my usual back pains that I've been having. I groaned as I got up and headed to the bathroom to get myself cleaned up. I hoped maybe a relaxing shower would help take away any stress I had on my shoulders at the moment.

***

My back pains eased up but now my stomach was in a bit of pain. This wasn't one of the usual pains I had grown used to feeling, this was a rather sharp pain right at the bottom most part of my stomach.

I took a seat on the edge of the tub and took slow deep breaths. I might just be over thinking things. I breathed in slowly and exhaled. I continued to do that, but it seemed like with every inhale, the pain would only get worse.

Since I was home alone, I got up and headed to my nightstand where my phone was. I pulled it off the charger and scrolled for Lexis' name.

I dialed but got no answer. Why the hell isn't he answering?! I felt myself starting to panic. I dialed his number again, but like before; No answer.

I quickly scrolled down to Riley's name and dialed her. While it was ringing, I was putting my shoes on. I struggled to bend down due to the pain, so I went with flip flops.

No answer from Riley.

At this point I was starting to sweat from being so panicked. My hands were shaking so holding the phone was impossible. I set my phone on my night stand and held my stomach.

After a few moments, I finally dialed Arlie. On the second ring I heard the sound of his voice.

"Aye Nelle-" "I need to you take me to the hospital. I'm in serious pain and I can't get a hold of Lexis." "Alright, I'm on my way. Just don't freak out, stay calm." He said so calmly into the phone. I hung up the phone and headed outside to the porch and sat in one of the chairs. I sent a text to Lexis, explaining where I was and what was happening, so he would read it later.

Before I even finished with the text I heard the sound of car tired screeched to a halt. I looked up and saw Arlie's car there at the end of the drive. He came out and jogged up the driveway. He helped me into the car and we were finally on our way to the hospital.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked as he came up to a red light.

"I don't know, there's no way it's labor, I'm only 3 months along." All of a sudden I started to feel the pain ease up just a little bit.

"Well we'll find out when we get there, fuck these lights." He said before he sped off running every and any red light there was. I was relieved that Arlie was here. He had already been through the pregnancy stages with his daughter's mother.

***

"Miss Santos, I have some terrible news." My doctors said as he was looking at his clip board. I sat up and looked at Arlie who had a confused look on his face. "You seem to have had a miscarriage with your baby. I am terribly sorry for your loss." He said in a soft voice. "If you have any questions please feel free to ask or call me at any time." I saw Arlie stand up and walk out of the room.

I just sat there and let the tears start to well in my eyes before they finally broke free and crashed onto my lap. This didn't feel real at all. I didn't want to believe it was real. I didn't even get to meet my baby before he or she was already taken away.

"Actually I have a question." I finally forced myself to say.

"What is that?" My doctor said just before he opened the door.

"Was my baby a boy or girl?" I asked as I wiped away one of the many tears that stained my cheeks.

"Your Baby was a girl Miss Santos." He finally said before walking out of the room.

Lexis and I would have had a beautiful baby girl to love, cherish, and hold in our arms. Sadly, I guess God had other plans for her.

I sat there for what seemed like ages just letting all the tears come rolling down my cheeks. The room was filled with nothing but my sniffles as everything my doctor had told me echoed as it replayed in my ears.

The door swung open and there I saw Lexis standing there just looking at me confused. He looked down at my stomach then up at me and I think he was waiting for the words to justify if his assumption was correct.

"She's gone." I said looking down at my lap and holding onto my stomach.